Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mobius Dashcam - Where To Buy From?

Zico

As long as you are happy to wait a little longer, I'd highly recommend buying it from the eBay seller I bought it from (eletoponline), shipped from Hong Kong. It's also miles cheaper. See the link below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobius-ActionCam-Full-HD-Sports-Camera-1080P-30FPS-720P-60FPS-Pocket-Camcorder-/151071891306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232c961f6a

The seller is excellent IMO - when I was having problems with mine, the seller was extremely quick to help me. My camera wasn't charging properly and shutting off midway during recording, and the seller shipped me a USB charger cable (sold separately) for free, to try. Indeed it turned out that the charger cable I bought from a different chinese seller was borked. My Mobius has been working flawlessly since I bought it well over a year ago. :)

P.S: The seller sells all kinds of other accessories and mounts too.

• Like 1

eletoponline are the makers of the Mobius, so that eBay shop is directly from them in China, I bought mine from them no problem,

I like the idea of a full kit from a UK online shop, but I'd total up the difference first with these direct parts from China.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/eletoponline365/Mobius-ActionCam-/_i.html?_fsub=6055299015

You can get the recommended 32GB Kingston Class 4 Micro SD cards for just over £10, so avoid spending £50 on a pair,

This is where I got mine, out of stock at moment but you get an idea of price,
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Kingston/Kingston-32GB-Micro-SD-%28SDHC%29-Card-%2B-SD-Adapter---Class-4

I'm pondering ordering a second Wide Angle camera.

It's shame the battery was knackered after 4-5 months, had to buy another one to get 2+ hours recording back.

Might have to do a proper hard installation with a super capacitor one day.

• Like 2

If I were to order direct via eBay won't I be likely to incur customs charges as it's over £18 (or whatever the limit is nowadays)?

I've noted that the dual kit from CarCamera shop is exactly what I need:

2x Mobius wide angle

2x super capacitors

2x mounts

2x memory cards

1x hardwire (this is supposed to be the right hardwire kit for the Mobius: http://www.carcamerashop.co.uk/12v-cigarette-lighter-power-socket-adapter.html but option for the kit price is £21.98 so I am guessing they include a piggyback fuse holder as well).

• Like 1

I basically ordered half that kit and it came in a small padded envelope with no issues,

1x Mobius

1x Mount

1x 3M Cable

1x A/V Cable (Free)

You could order a set twice (free postage) to reduce the size and chance of it being stopped for Customs Charges,

Not worked it out but I'm sure you'll save a few quid, then just order the Hardwire kit and capacitors from that UK site.

• Like 1

tbh that's a good price (depending on postage costs as eBay is free)

I ended up paying a couple of quid more than I thought, because of Paypal's currency conversion.

Mobius alone is £58.78 including second class 2-3 day shipping at £2.39 (£2.99 for first class shipping).

HobbyRc won't honour the warranty if you open up the camera to fit the super capacitor :(

Had mine off eBay.

Good choice of camera,juat as good as the £300 ones and a lot smaller.

• Like 1

dont forget import tax - if you buy from hong kong and they happen to pick it up the cost is an additional £12 + original products VAT (or somewhere in that region) - for the royal mails duty process...

There are sellers in the UK selling kits for as little as £45 but to be honest, buying a bundle from elsewhere may be equally as cheap as buying the whole kit from overseas and being stung with the duty fees!

• Like 1

I have found more times than not, they don't notice. That was the case with mine.

I ordered one the other day after looking around at dash cams. Going to hard wire it. Really want Front and Rear dash cams but not sure what a good setup is.

Does the one from eletoponline365 come with a wide angle lens?

I ordered one the other day after looking around at dash cams. Going to hard wire it. Really want Front and Rear dash cams but not sure what a good setup is.

Eletoponline sells 2 different versions - a normal one (one I have), and the wide angle lens version. I am not sure if the normal one can be modified to use wide angle lens, you can ask the seller (quite helpful), or maybe someone else on here might know.

I emailed them the other day about the wide angle lens and got the following replies:

RE: Wide angle lens:

If you want wide angle mobius camera, you can view this link, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mobius-ActionCam-Lens-C-Full-HD-1080P-30FPS-720P-60FPS-Sports-Pocket-Camcorder-/161577541220?hash=item259ec59e64

RE: Customs and C2 lens:

Hi friend,

Thanks for your reply. My friend, we have lens C2 mobius camera, if you want it, you can buy the item on eBay and leave us a note about it on eBay. It is updated one. For the custom value, don't worry, we can help to write low value, USD10. It will be helpful when it is on your country.

Regards,

Mandy

Forgot to say that I picked up my kit from CarCameraShop. Paid a little bit more but I wanted to go with a UK seller just in case I need to return anything.

Had responses to my questions gone midnight on Sunday and they even gave me a bump on next day postage so should have them tomorrow.

Forgot to say that I picked up my kit from CarCameraShop. Paid a little bit more but I wanted to go with a UK seller just in case I need to return anything.

Had responses to my questions gone midnight on Sunday and they even gave me a bump on next day postage so should have them tomorrow.

thanks for the link, i'm interested to hear what you think of the camera when you test it.

I should have the cameras tomorrow but ordered the memory cards from amazon (Kingston Class 4) and won't have them until Friday if they ship as slow as possible :(.

got mine from your first link,,,

http://www.carcamerashop.co.uk/mobius-actioncamera-dual-camera-bundle.html

also got my capasitor and hardwire kit from them at the same time,,, got the piggyback fuse on flea bay.

I already had a 32GB clas 4 card.

Got everything now (memory cards turned up Thursday from Amazon) but haven't got round to fitting it yet.

I have the V2 one and covers a nice wide view.

I have another make in the front as it's hidden better for me and i had the Modius for the back

Where do people put these in the back as i did't want mine to stick out.

there quite simple to hardwire in,,, was waiting to do mine but hospital treatment and recovery went ontoo long so i got the Ford garage i take my car to to do it on my service visit,, £20 so cant grumble at that.

Wire runs under the headliner comes out of the rearview mirror mount,,, down the windscreen pillar behind the rubber door seal and in to the fuse box area.

I made up my own mount so it was close to teh screen to stop glare but still nice and hidden as its all black.

I used black plastic wedge shaped packers, superglue and velcro, all in black and nothing to rattle or make a noise.

dash%20cam%20mount%202_zpsv4ttdxhj.jpg

• Like 1

Will have to make time to get mine fitted sometime next week other wise they will probably end up in the box and forgotten about :(.

Where did you get the wedges?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club