Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo Apinions

allbluedave

hey guys .ok so ive had this issue with my mk 3 Mondeo 2.0 tdci duratorq for a while now with it cutting out and the glow plug light coming on so today i decided to try and remove the egr valve to clean it and blank it off..........but it didnt go so well. :angry: I managed to remove the two bolts to undo the egr valve from the mount but there is a another two bolts holding another pipe to it but I could only get one bolt out so I couldn't clean the egr valve.i decided to box it up uncleaned but blanked off to see if it would cure the cutting out issue but when I drove it the car was still doing it. is this because the valve wasn't cleaned? if not is there anything else it could be? cheers guys. some times the car totally cuts out.

Camshaft sensor could be the fault easy quick fis only cost about £20 on left hand side of cam cover as your standing in front of the engine

cheers matix. this might explain why its hard to start first thing

• 2 weeks later...

Well i managed to clean and replace the egr valve and replaced the cam sensor and it hasnt cured the issue. could it be possible for the battery to be duff and not crank it over fast enough? I need to fix this so the car can be sold as i need a 7 seater. Any ideas guys? Cheers :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club