Buying Advice For Used Fiesta Please Help

JK009

Hi

Could you please give me your advice on buying a used Ford Fiesta

Looking for:

Diesel fuel

Econetic

3 doors

White colour ( first priority, red colour is second priority, no black please)

Annual millage around : 10,000 a year

Budget around £6000-£7500

Living in East London

The reason is we like the low running cost

If you know any closet spec with low running cost ( even petrol one), please help

If you know any reliable traders, dealers , please advise

Thank you very much for reading

If you live in London and only do 10K a year buy a petrol. You will only see a benefit from diesel if you do long distance drives on a motorway.

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice

I will move to petrol one,

There is one 8000 mileage , petrol, 2014 reg number, new shape, asking price for £8500 but it is in red colour. Not sure it is a good price?

Yeh that's alright price mate try and hagle a bit if they don't take any money off get something thrown in ie mats free tank of fuel. It will still have 2 years warrenty on it so all good mate

Yeh that's alright price mate try and hagle a bit if they don't take any money off get something thrown in ie mats free tank of fuel. It will still have 2 years warrenty on it so all good mate

I think if I make an offer of £8000 , they may agree to let it go . It is simply because there are some cars from other dealers asking for £8700- £8990

I do not have experience in buying a car. However,

I think if they ask for 8700-8900, they will let it go for £8000.

I don't think they will take off that much maybe 100 or 200 if ur lucky some don't budge at all. Mines up for 8000 if interest 1800 miles full dealer history mines a 2012 titanium with dress up kit and city pack.

If you live in London and only do 10K a year buy a petrol. You will only see a benefit from diesel if you do long distance drives on a motorway.

I agree especially with the low emission zone coming into force at some point. A petrol might even work out cheaper around London.

Personally I would pay for an inspection from AA or similar if paying that much for a 2nd hand car. Even if you're getting it from a dealer there could be hidden problems.

Don't know how you are paying but cash is king! Offer 8K cash with immediate payment and they'll take it.

• Like 1

I agree especially with the low emission zone coming into force at some point. A petrol might even work out cheaper around London.

Personally I would pay for an inspection from AA or similar if paying that much for a 2nd hand car. Even if you're getting it from a dealer there could be hidden problems.

Hi

Thanks for your advice

You said " dealer" . It mean include main/ official dealer ( TRUST FORD)

If buying from Trust Ford, do I need AA inspection ?

Don't know how you are paying but cash is king! Offer 8K cash with immediate payment and they'll take it.

Hi

Having just visited to the nearest Trust Ford - Plaistow East London

They said "NO" . They said they do not have that policy. They said if you want to pay by cash , the max they could accept is £5000, the rest must be paid by debit/credit card...

They confirm there is no offer or discount at all if paying by cash

If buying from Trust Ford, do I need AA inspection ?

You don't need to, but if it was me I'd do it for peace of mind. There was another thread just recently where someone had some serious problems with a car they bought from Trust Ford, and the service was terrible when they tried to get it sorted. At least if you have an inspection you know that the car is fine, and you have a Ford warranty so no need to speak to Trust Ford again after that (you can go to any dealer for warranty issues).

Hi

Having just visited to the nearest Trust Ford - Plaistow East London

They said "NO" . They said they do not have that policy. They said if you want to pay by cash , the max they could accept is £5000, the rest must be paid by debit/credit card...

They confirm there is no offer or discount at all if paying by cash

I think by "paying by cash" he meant paying the full amount up front so you don't take out any finance i.e. pay with a debit / credit card. This is basically what I did but I got a loan to cover most of the cost, but as far as the dealer is concerned they received a payment for the full amount.

But they might still be reluctant because they make money on their finance deals, so paying cash isn't always going to get you a better deal.

Hi

thanks for your help

Sorry for not stating it clear

I did ask them: paying full ( at once) by cash ( not financial) ...., they ( Trust Ford) confirmed that " no discount or offer if paying in full by cash

Let me have a bath and diner first, then I have a story ( just visited Trust Ford near my work location) to tell and I need the advice

Having visited Trust Ford near my work place, i had a lession
to be learnt

The budget was set at £7000 for a used Ford Fiesta, I was
told that there was no car at that time. The staff ( Mr.H who was quite helpful
and patient to help me to choose the right car) asked me : ‘’could you stretch your budget a
little bit?’’. ‘’Yes’’ I said. After having a chat with his manager, Mr.H took
me out and showed me some cars. However,
the colour was not the one I love.

He said :’’ if you want that colour. You must stretch your
budget a bit more’’ ...‘’ what is the max you can go?’’. ‘’ £8000’’ I said. Again, he had a chat with his manager in his room,
then they ( Mr.H and his manager) went out with the paper work on his
hand ( I did not know what paperwork was for at that moment. Later, I found out it was deposit paper work)

The manager came and greeted ‘’ my name balabalala ... nice
to meet you...’’ . He said ‘’we
will give you a good deal of £8690... for a Fiesta...Mr.H will show you the car .’’
After showing me the car , Mr.H suggested that I should pay the deposit to secure the
car...because not only the car was displayed for sale in the show room , but also it was
advertised on the internet. It would be sold very quickly....’’

I would like to point out that the car that they offered me
for £8690 was on sale at the price of £8995. I thought I was given a good deal

However, I refused to pay the deposite. I said I would come
again the next day to buy...then I took note the number plate, then went home.
I though I would come back the next day to make an offer of £8000 for that car

Going home, I found out that the car I was offered ( £8690) was in Trust Ford used-car website with the
same asking price of £8690. I was shock that Mr.H and his manager tried to something to make me believed that I was offered a
good deal.

In the Trust Ford website , £8000-£9000, I will find a lot
cars that are the same model and low millage than the one i was offered for
£8690.

They phone me today but I did not pick up the phone due to
being busy for business.

Please give your advice

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

I should have said earlier pay by debit card as correctly most garages won't take a suitcase of cash due to money laundering.

Sounds like standard dealer practise "let me talk to the manager blah, blah". For a bit more you can have this, why pay more for a certain colour? Bring the paperwork out and convince you of a good deal, sign today before its gone.

They don't sound very honest to me and are treating you like a mug.

They should rename their garage to Distrust!

Take your money elsewhere, plenty of Fiestas about.

• Like 1

Yeh I agree trust ford very pushy and that was a very underhand tatic. When they ring u I would polity say that u found that car on the Web and u are trying to charge me full price and for that reason I'm taking my money elswhere. I have been to the 1 in plastow and they was trying to sell me a focus st what clearly been in a big accident what had no service history.

After showing me the car , Mr.H suggested that I should pay the deposit to secure the

car...because not only the car was displayed for sale in the show room , but also it was

advertised on the internet. It would be sold very quickly....’’

That's typical salesman nonsense. If the car would sell "very quickly" then why is he even bothering to give you a discount on it? You answered that of course when you found out they were lying about the prices. I would take this as a warning that they are being dishonest and would not trust them at all.

This is why I said it's good to have an inspection done if they can give you a good price on the car. If they are being so dishonest then there's no way you can trust them about the actual condition of the car.

This is why I said it's good to have an inspection done if they can give you a good price on the car. If they are being so dishonest then there's no way you can trust them about the actual condition of the car.

Yes, I think I can trust no one.

Hi Phil

Could you please let me know : have you ever had AA inspection when buying at Trust Foord?

Do I have to agree to accept the price first? Then making an appointment with AA after?

Do they ask me to pay for deposit if I accept a deal?

If AA inspection results have something wrong, what will happen? Trust Ford will have to repair fthe car first before letting it taken home OR they will knock down the price?

Thanks

There's some more info here: https://www.theaa.com/vehicle-inspections/

And no I haven't had an inspection done before although I probably will if I buy another 2nd hand car. There are lots of other companies that do inspections too.

I would call the AA phone number on that site and ask them how it works when you're buying from a dealer. I think basically you would say to the salesman that you won't agree on a price until the car has been inspected, but again AA should explain how it will work. If the salesman kicks up a fuss about you wanting an inspection then more alarm bells should ring, and at that point I'd walk away. Any reputable dealer should be happy with an inspection being done.

you won't agree on a price until the car has been inspected....... If the salesman kicks up a fuss about you wanting an inspection then more alarm bells should ring, and at that point I'd walk away. .....

That is really good point

Thank you very much

An email was sent to Trust Ford 2 days. There wis no reply at all. It seems they feel humiliated for what they have done

Just found another Fiesta one- reg 2014 low mileage on Trust Ford. They said that the car is still under Ford warranty .

Do I need to call AA inspection?

Please help

Just found another Fiesta one- reg 2014 low mileage on Trust Ford. They said that the car is still under Ford warranty .

Do I need to call AA inspection?

Please help

If it was me I would probably get an inspection even though it's only a year old, but it's up to you really. If it will give you peace of mind then it might be worth the £150 or whatever they charge for the inspection. And yes it will still have the Ford warranty until it's 3 years old, assuming it has been serviced at 1 year and nothing else has happened to void the warranty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club