Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Radio And Ford Sync

notveryhappyfordowner

I have come to two conclusions that may save fellow Ford Kuga owners a lot of heartache.

1. DAB radio dose not work in a vehicle.

2. The ford sync system does not work either. That is, not very often. I have now given up sitting in lay byes trying to make it work and taking it back to Ford has no lasting effect either. It has a mind of its own and recognises my devices only when it feels like it, continually freezes up completely and refuses to relay text messages almost all the time. Sometimes none of the numerous buttons do anything at all and yesterday I could not end a call and remained connected until I came off the motorway. Today I tried to call Paul ..... and it dialled Diane ...... My mate Peter has blocked calls from me as Sync calls him so regularly when, in fact, i ask it to call someone totally different.

So, My advice to those out there who have this system is to pretend you haven't got it and life will be much less frustrating for you. If there is anyone who has had similar problems and have found an alternative solution I would be very pleased to hear from them.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought my kuga mate and im the same.. The radio is crap, considering its dab is supposed to be super clear reception etc.. I've been through all the settings to try and stop the reception being lost but I've given up..im going to replace it with another model.

Not just kuga, dab in cars in general not up to much unfortunatly esp if you live in poor reception areas. As for phone connectivity, have you checked your phone is fully compatible with ford sync or part compatabile. There is a website to check what functionallity your particular phone has or not

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club