Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Tyres

mikeyd1

215/40/17 will knock your speedo out by a few MPH but will look awesome on them white alloys.

215/40/17 will knock your speedo out by a few MPH but will look awesome on them white alloys.

Cheers dude :-) I like my alloys. Your car looks cool, what model is that?

7.5 Titanium.

Whats the offset on them wheels?

Never heard of the titan. This is probably going to sound dumb but what's offset?

See I'm the same I want new tyres but don't want Michelin Continental as I hate them they wear too easy and craps grip on turning my tyres I want is 195/50/r16 I want good overall tire I did want the cross climate but they don't come in 50s any other I heard good things about rainsports and there is another one all rounder that's ment to be good but not heard anything

See I'm the same I want new tyres but don't want Michelin continental as I hate them they wear too easy and craps grip on turning

You're probably right about the Continentals wearing out quickly, but both of those are meant to have good grip. At least that's what the reviews say, but I don't think I've had either brand on my cars before so can't say from experience.

I brought my 205 40 R17 Dunlop sport tyres for My zs and of black circles.com and got them fitted in local garage quick easy and simple monthly instalment not bad either.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

My car came with Bridgestone on and they lasted 14500 my sons are dead after 12500. I've now got conti sport contact 5 on and they're much better grip and are quieter. Done 7k on them and no worse than last set so happy with that.

Everyone has their own opinion on tyres so go with what you want most good grip or long life you can't have both whatever they claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Hopefully this is okay to put here... If not then a mod can move it :) anyway, I drive over the a6 shap to work which as some of you may know very high and often quite snowy in winter... I'm thinking of getting a set of winter tyres so what would you guys suggest??

If you have the right tyre size apparently Michelin cross climates are brilliant

• Like 1

If you have the right tyre size apparently Michelin cross climates are brilliant

I agree the Cross Climates look like they are very good in both summer and winter so they are a good tyre to get. Even if you only use them in winter, once your set of summer tyres wear out you could use the cross climates all year round after that. The only problem is they don't come in all the different sizes yet.

My car came with Bridgestone on and they lasted 14500 my sons are dead after 12500.

I got my new Bridgestones fitted today, just because I like to have all 4 tyres matching. This was at 13,800 miles, and I could have probably stretched to another 1k but they would probably be down to the legal limit at that point.

If I need all 4 tyres changing next time I'll probably go with the Continentals or whatever other new tyres are the best, but might have to swap the front and rears because the rear tyres seem to not lose any tread at all lol.

FWD vehicles generally wear the front rubber out before the rears

• Like 1

I got my new Bridgestones fitted today, just because I like to have all 4 tyres matching. This was at 13,800 miles, and I could have probably stretched to another 1k but they would probably be down to the legal limit at that point.

If I need all 4 tyres changing next time I'll probably go with the Continentals or whatever other new tyres are the best, but might have to swap the front and rears because the rear tyres seem to not lose any tread at all lol.

How much did u pay per tyre if u don't mind saying ?

FWD vehicles generally wear the front rubber out before the rears

Definitely, it's as if the rear tyres are just stopping the back of the car from scraping along the road haha, so that doesn't cause much wear.

How much did u pay per tyre if u don't mind saying ?

It was around £95 per tyre which was about what they went for online about 4 months ago when I asked the dealer to order them in, but got another 4 months from the tyres :)

I had Continental contact 5 on my old car all round,front was fine and did wear a bit but nothing major.

Then again it all depends on the millage you do,i don't do a lot.

I had them over Michelin as they were about £15 cheaper each Tyre and as i had 4 it was a lot cheaper.

Do you guys ever get wear on the edges of the tyre and the tyre? I seem to get this now and again my last car got it and this one too am starting to wonder if I'm going to fast in corners or what even tho I do 10

^ My front tyres looked like they were wearing more at the edges, probably all those roundabouts I've being going round a bit quickly lol.

Incorrect tyre pressures, incorrect tracking, incorrect wheel balance can all cause premature tyre wear, but on FWD vehicles the front tyres generally wear quicker because the front wheels are driven by the engine & grip more than the rears & more grip equals more wear :)

• Like 1

^ I always use Ford's recommended pressure, and had tracking checked and that was correct too. So I think in my case it was just a lot of spirited driving, but not as much as some other ST owners who have replaced tyres even sooner.

• Like 2

^ I always use Ford's recommended pressure, and had tracking checked and that was correct too. So I think in my case it was just a lot of spirited driving, but not as much as some other ST owners who have replaced tyres even sooner.

Same lol

My mk7 Fiesta Titanium came with the 7 spoke alloys, with 195/45/16 tyres. (as below)

There's so many potholes & rough surfaces in the area, im getting bored of my tyres blowing.

I don't want to change the alloys themselves, so what other size of tyre could i put on, less 'low profile' so it could handle the bumps more.

Also, would i have problems with a thicker tyre with rim clearance or would it be ok?

Thanks in advance :)

IMAG0784_zps867fb0af.jpg

My mk7 Fiesta Titanium came with the 7 spoke alloys, with 195/45/16 tyres. (as below)

There's so many potholes & rough surfaces in the area, im getting bored of my tyres blowing.

I don't want to change the alloys themselves, so what other size of tyre could i put on, less 'low profile' so it could handle the bumps more.

Also, would i have problems with a thicker tyre with rim clearance or would it be ok?

Thanks in advance :)

IMAG0784_zps867fb0af.jpg

I have 195/50/r16

And mines feels like it hovers over the potholes 2bh and the comfort of driving is great

Ps I got my titanium wheels powder coated anthracite

post-50202-143930811974_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club