Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Tyres

mikeyd1

right, so the 195 and the 16 stays the same, its just the 45 i can change to a bigger number for added thickness?

205/40 R17 - Michelin Pilot Super Sport / Pilot Sport 3/ Continental SportContact 5

Would love if I could find the Michelin Super Sport in that size.. but I don't think they're made.

I recently had a pair of kumhos 195/50/16 on the front and I'm really impressed they seem like a good tyre iv always had named brands before so thought I'd give these a go obviously time will tell how long they last.

noticed people mentioned about fronts wearing more than rear, as MONDEO TXS 2.2 mentioned FWD cars wear the fronts out quicker, and usually you can get great deals when you get all 4 tyres done at the same time sometimes getting the 4th tyre free so it's probably ideal to try and make all the tyres wear evenly. One way to do this is to swap the front and back tyres around every so often (I've done mine every 5-7k miles, its easy if you know how to change a tyre just jack up one side and swap that sides tyres around then jack up the other and swap them too. Also a good time to give the whole rims a good powerwash, cleaning and waxing while they're off the car :P

I've found keeping swapping the tyres from the same side has caused no balancing/tracking issues in all my chang overs. Not only can you take advantage of full set offers but also visit the tyre dealership less and likely pay less for multiple fit visits

• Like 1

One way to do this is to swap the front and back tyres around every so often (I've done mine every 5-7k miles, its easy if you know how to change a tyre just jack up one side and swap that sides tyres around then jack up the other and swap them too.

I was thinking of doing this and might do it now that I've got 2 new front tyres, after about 6 months. But I've heard you're supposed to swap sides too depending on whether the car is FWD, RWD etc.

http://www.blackcircles.com/general/tyre-rotation

That looks a bit more challenging than just swapping each side though.

My son's just bought 4 conti sport 5's from Camskill they're £76 a corner delivered. Just need to get fitted now which will be about £15 each. He gets a free hotel stay for that as well.

• Like 1

My son's just bought 4 conti sport 5's from Camskill they're £76 a corner delivered. Just need to get fitted now which will be about £15 each. He gets a free hotel stay for that as well.

Camskill are very rarely beaten on price. Although that said, the local Ford dealer quoted £95 to fit the same tyres (I almost didn't bother asking, as I thought they would be way off..) and they do the same hotel promotion. So worth asking just in case.

205/40 R17 - Michelin Pilot Super Sport / Pilot Sport 3/ Continental SportContact 5

correction the pilot supersports are 205/45 R17

Anybody running 215/40/17 or 205/45/17 if so can you post a pic up please. Looking at getting either size to improve comfort over the 205/40/17.

• Like 1

I also would like to see some pics of the 205 45 17 tyres

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club