Do Not Sell My Personal Information

noise when i brake

emz

i have a t reg 1.8 focus zetec, and whenever i break it makes a scraping, clunking knocking noise, but only when i brake, it seems to be worse when the car starts and gets less as it gets warmer.

i only brought it about 3 weeks ago, and i was told that it had new pads and discs.

has anyone got any ideas?

i have a t reg 1.8 focus zetec, and whenever i break it makes a scraping, clunking knocking noise, but only when i brake, it seems to be worse when the car starts and gets less as it gets warmer.

i only brought it about 3 weeks ago, and i was told that it had new pads and discs.

has anyone got any ideas?

i took it to quik fit and they told me that it was the brake disc on the front passeneger side, that it had grooves in the middle and that someone put new pads on without changing the discs. does this sound right?

Sounds to me like they lied about new discs & pads.

If it was a dealer you bought from then take it back.

Kwik fit don't sound like they have the diagnosis correct, I would be surprized if grooved discs could cause that noise (vibration is more likely from grooved discs)

I suggest you take it to another garage (not tyre fitters)