Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooray ... I've finally got a build date

Sarc

Sorry to bore everyone, but I just had to put this in writing. :D A build date of the 5th September has been confirmed for my car. (Up until now I was just given a 'rough' idea, but now it's official). Don't know how long it will take to get delivered after it's built though ... no doubt the waiting will still continue for quite a few more weeks yet. :unsure:

That's great news :) You shouldn't have too long to wait now!

How long did you have to wait between ordering and getting your build date? Mine was ordered 24/08/09 and I'm already impatient :P

Alex

Good news. Brings you one step closer!

I too would like to know what the wait was between ordering and getting a build date, as I ordered mine the day before aph1101 ;) . I spoke to the dealer at the weekend and he said he'd have a date 'in the next couple of weeks'.

I want my car now :( .

I ordered the car on 21st July. It was initially supposed to be on order for the dealership themselves, (either as a showroom model or demo I guess), but they said they could let me have it instead, and they would just re-order one for themselves at a later date. Their own spec was for a 1.25 model, but they said they could get Ford to upgrade it to a 1.4 which is what I was after. All-in-all this probably saved about two weeks off the normal waiting time.

The car I've ordered is a Colorado red Zetec 1.4 (3-door/petrol/manual transmission) with no extra options, (apart from an actual spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit). Not as flash as a Zetec S or Titanium, but I'm still more than happy with my choice, (and so is my bank account).

Not sure if it's being assembled in Spain or Germany, (forgot to ask) - don't know if it would make any difference to the waiting time. The dealer said he hoped and expected the car to be delivered by the end of this month (September), but I won't hold my breath, after hearing about other people's delays.

I realize some folks have had to wait a lot longer to even hear about a build date, but I'm still a bit impatient and just can't wait for it to be delivered.

I hope you both don't have to wait too long for your cars - but unfortunately, as you didn't place your orders until about a month after me, then I can only guess your build dates may not be due for another three or more weeks, (depending on Ford's productivity - not sure if it's speeded up or slowed down lately!) But you never know, it could be sooner than you think. (Got to stay optimistic). :)

Sarc.

Well mine took just over 11 weeks from being ordered to being built - still waiting for it to arrive at the dealers . . . .

Well mine took just over 11 weeks from being ordered to being built - still waiting for it to arrive at the dealers . . . .

Is that 'normal', or did you order any extras which may have slowed things up a bit?

Is that 'normal', or did you order any extras which may have slowed things up a bit?

Well DanGull and TonyEssex both ordered the day before me and both of their cars were built the day before mine - they both took delivery on 1 September and I am still waiting for mine ot be delivered to the dealers let alone take delivery myself!

IN case you have not picked up on it but I am getting the p'ed off thing going now!!!

http://www.comparecontracthire.com/blog/in...der-lead-times/

Scroll to the table at the bottom.

14 weeks for a Fiesta factory build :( that was back in July .

Blimey - it looks as though I've done amazingly well then - under seven weeks if my maths are correct. (So nicking the car that the dealers had pre-ordered has certainly speeded things up quite a bit).

Well DanGull and TonyEssex both ordered the day before me and both of their cars were built the day before mine - they both took delivery on 1 September and I am still waiting for mine ot be delivered to the dealers let alone take delivery myself!

IN case you have not picked up on it but I am getting the p'ed off thing going now!!!

I feel your pain Paul.

This is too much to bear... I'm off to the chat room for a cry and a hug...

14 weeks???? I'll have died of old age by then :(

tell me about it but what can I do apart form carrying on walking and using public transport - typical that mine is delayed. I would not be surprised if the car does not fall of the transporter and they have to re-order . ..

tell me about it but what can I do apart form carrying on walking and using public transport - typical that mine is delayed. I would not be surprised if the car does not fall of the transporter and they have to re-order . ..

Cheer up ... it'll soon be Christmas. (And your car will have been parked on your drive for months by then ... well weeks ... well days ... well, maybe you'll still be waiting!)

No, seriously, hope it arrives soon.

Ordered my Titanium about mid June and was only just given a build date of 7th September a few weeks ago! Not given a delivery date. Why does it take them so long to build a car!

Anyone get any freebees out of the dealer for the delay?

Ordered my Titanium about mid June and was only just given a build date of 7th September a few weeks ago! Not given a delivery date. Why does it take them so long to build a car!

Anyone get any freebees out of the dealer for the delay?

If yours has the USB conncetion you should definitely try and squeeze a free Y cable out of them, otherwise it's about £25 quid and a complete rip off!

If yours has the USB conncetion you should definitely try and squeeze a free Y cable out of them, otherwise it's about £25 quid and a complete rip off!

Yeah I have gone for USB. I told the dealer I want a discount on my first service and a full tank of fuel but he just laughed at me!!

Sorry to bore everyone, but I just had to put this in writing. :D A build date of the 5th September has been confirmed for my car. (Up until now I was just given a 'rough' idea, but now it's official). Don't know how long it will take to get delivered after it's built though ... no doubt the waiting will still continue for quite a few more weeks yet. :unsure:

Hey Geezer...nice avatar btw.

Glad to hear you have your build date. I didn't know they worked on a saturday, cos our dealer told us Pedro, Manuel and Jose at the Valencia plant didn't!! Hey ho. Perhaps, fortunately for you, it's being built in Cologne? I'd rather have a German built car than a Spanish one!

Maybe, cos of our wait, I'll get them to throw in a full tank of petrol AND a paella or two!

:P

Hey Geezer...nice avatar btw.

Glad to hear you have your build date. I didn't know they worked on a saturday, cos our dealer told us Pedro, Manuel and Jose at the Valencia plant didn't!! Hey ho. Perhaps, fortunately for you, it's being built in Cologne? I'd rather have a German built car than a Spanish one!

Maybe, cos of our wait, I'll get them to throw in a full tank of petrol AND a paella or two!

:P

HeHe! They'll probably knock off at lunch-time so I'll only get half a car delivered! Can't say I'm fussed where it's actually built, as long as it's done well. Though, strangely enough, I think I would prefer it to be built in Germany rather than Spain.

My modified avatar is courtesy of Nightwish, btw. (Yes, I'm a Goth metal-head!) upsidedown.gif

Sarc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club