Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phones & Gadgets!!!

sonic113

ok fellas recently I was driving around a roundabout and my phone jumped from one end of the car to the next so I decided its time to get a phone holder or something lol!

I have looked around and saw those non slip mats but not to keen on them and I also saw the suction cup type cradle holder fro phones. I don't want anything sticking to the window as such but was thinking about modding one of those cradles to the dash in the OBD area to hold the phone there.

I just want to know what do you guys use if any to hold your phones and or gadgets in place inside the car? any recommendation for a good little phone holder for the mk2 focus is welcomed. :)

Thanks

I swear by Brodit mounts.

Not cheap but very good.

• Like 1

I swear by Brodit mounts.

Not cheap but very good.

any links stoney? are they a nice neat fit when fitted?

post-28494-0-00195600-1438901476_thumb.j

http://www.brodit.com/brodit.html?pn=home

Brodit don't sell directly from their website but the best way to find what you want is go through the car/device configurator on their site, get the part numbers and search eBay.

I did this and got both parts for my car for less than £30.

Beauty is that if you change your phone at a later date you only need to change the phone holder and not the bracket.

• Like 1

www.drivesafeandlegal.co.uk

They also have the configurator with all the part numbers

Just be aware that most of the phone mounts are designed for phones without a case. They do sell adjustable ones too (they're adjusted then screwed into place). With this, you might even get away with keeping it for a different phone!! (I have/had...an S5 in an Otterbox case, so wouldn't fit the S5 mount)

They do look awesome, and are very well made!

• Like 1

I've tried various mounts. CDslotmount.com wins for me. No problems with mount, grips or obscuring view. Now have one in both my MkI and MkIII

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

www.drivesafeandlegal.co.uk

They also have the configurator with all the part numbers

Just be aware that most of the phone mounts are designed for phones without a case. They do sell adjustable ones too (they're adjusted then screwed into place). With this, you might even get away with keeping it for a different phone!! (I have/had...an S5 in an Otterbox case, so wouldn't fit the S5 mount)

They do look awesome, and are very well made!

I have an S5 in a Griffin Survivor case and my Brodit phone cradle is designed for exactly that.

It fits nice and snug.

• Like 1

Thanks Fella

Nice pic there stoney looks very neat and tidy, That's the look Im going for I also like the ay you have it attached to the A-Pillar, I will have a look and see if I can get the parts and post a pic when Im done.

Thanks.

• Like 1

You can get them to sit next to the wheel as well. It's a fantastic spot - basically sits over the air vent (AC on in summer helps keep it cool too)

I'd take a photo...bit I'm still without a phone :(

• Like 1

I've tried various mounts. CDslotmount.com wins for me. No problems with mount, grips or obscuring view. Now have one in both my MkI and MkIII

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

How did you get that to work in the MK3, I bought one and doesn't matter which way up I put it, it wont stay in my MK3 Sony CD slot, the slot is much too wide at the mouth to hold it

The best mounts are brodit. Not the cheapest, but they are the best by a mile.

• Like 1

The best mounts are brodit. Not the cheapest, but they are the best by a mile.

Totally agree.

• Like 1

Totally agree.

I already ordered a little cheapy one from amazon that clips to the Air vent just before I opened this thread and discovered the brodit style mounts lol!

It should be here this week. I will have a look at it and maybe try it for a while and If that doesn't do the job I will look into the brodit mounts. :)

• Like 1

I fitted a Brodit mount last week - not cheap but very good quality.

post-66356-0-90619300-1439139972_thumb.j

post-66356-0-19951700-1439139970_thumb.j

• Like 1

I already ordered a little cheapy one from Amazon that clips to the Air vent just before I opened this thread and discovered the brodit style mounts lol!

It should be here this week. I will have a look at it and maybe try it for a while and If that doesn't do the job I will look into the brodit mounts. :)

Be careful with those...they can pop the vanes off inside the vent.

It's a cheap (free), but fiddly & time consuming fix

• Like 1

Be careful with those...they can pop the vanes off inside the vent.

It's a cheap (free), but fiddly & time consuming fix

Good point Sean.

I will see what's its like when it comes. Known my luck it might not be up to much lol!

The mount is probably fine - it's the vents - they're not designed take the weight

• Like 1

The mount is probably fine - it's the vents - they're not designed take the weight

I actually never thought of the vents themselves to be honest. I guess I will see how things pan out put if its to heavy when installed I will go for the brodit mounts. :)

I guess it would be a great thing if car manufactures like ford teamed up with brodit or even supplied their own mounts already attached as standard and then you just buy the cradle depending on your phone type, That way they could also built in a charging port for the phones right beside the mount. Just an idea though ! lol! :)

That's sort of what they're doing with the whole BT Entertainment systems. The idea being that you connect your phone and you don't have to look at it again.

• Like 1

That's sort of what they're doing with the whole BT Entertainment systems. The idea being that you connect your phone and you don't have to look at it again.

give it 10 years and the tech in cars is going to be crazy lol! :)

So long as we don't have Windows Cars!

In the event of a crash, please restart and try again!

And as for Apple Cars - well, you just know that they won't be capable of using a standard petrol pump.

Imagine the compatability issues with traffic lights!!

• Like 3

So long as we don't have Windows Cars!

In the event of a crash, please restart and try again!

And as for Apple Cars - well, you just know that they won't be capable of using a standard petrol pump.

Imagine the compatability issues with traffic lights!!

couldn't stop laughing at the thought of this!!! lol! :) :D :)

Ok guy The mount came and It was dead easy to install. Literally 30 seconds and its fitted. Its by a company called "abcotech". I got it on amazon for £7.97 so thought that was a bargain lol!

Link is here for anyone interested :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Abco-Tech-Universal-Holder-Cradle/dp/B00M04ISF8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

It fits to the vents using a spring loaded clap which is pretty well designed. It also has suport legs at the bottom to hold the weight of the phone as well as the side clamps to support the phone in place. The button at the back when pressed releases the clamps very slowly so the phone does not bounce out of the bracket which I found pretty good. When the phone is clamped into the mount there is also a lock button on the back to stop any accidental release of the clamps when driving or of hitting a bump ect.

All on all I am very happy with it and it can be used to rotate the phone in landscape mode without removing it from the cradle which is handy if you use sat nav apps ect on your phone. It also allows the vent to operate as normal and leaves plenty of space to access the lights ect where I have it placed.

As for the weight its very lightweight and even when the phone is in the cradle to vents seem to be 100% with the total weight so I guess I will use this for the time being and see how it pans out but so far I think it will do the job. so anyone who is looking a basic phone holder I would recommend this one.

Here are some pics:

Image 1

post-45027-0-78928500-1439645320_thumb.j

Image 2

post-45027-0-92614600-1439645346_thumb.j

Thanks for all inputs from everyone who recommenced mounts and holders.

:)