Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Likely Damage To Sustain If Hit Speed Bump Too Fast?

MPX309

So, I was driving down sort of a dusty back road and there was this invisible speed bump that I hit about 40 mph, and now my steering feels slightly different. But I don't know what it could be?

Tracking out* bent steering rack* bent steering arm* buckled wheel* bent wishbone*

* Delete as appropriate.

• Like 3

Tracking out* bent steering rack* bent steering arm* buckled wheel* bent wishbone*

* Delete as appropriate.

holy f**k. I hope it's not all of them

• Like 2

Will warranty cover it?

;)just learned hard lesson bud they are designed to slow you down

• Like 1

;)just learned hard lesson bud they are designed to slow you down

It was invisible!! . . . Well, the first one was

think you glasses :D bud you cant miss them

• Like 1

think you glasses :D bud you cant miss them

Ahh, but this was a dirt back road, not even the kind of road you'd expect to see them, and it was camo'd with gravel. !Removed! useless speedbump.

Feel for ya mate. Hopefully just tracking and wheel balancing.

Any signs giving notice of the bumps? Were you speeding? If no to both, could you claim from highways/local council like with potholes? I don't know whether this is possible, someone on here might :)

• Like 1

Any signs giving notice of the bumps? Were you speeding? If no to both, could you claim from highways/local council like with potholes? I don't know whether this is possible, someone on here might :)

I don't know, it was an old back road going to some sort of tip or something. (I was lost trying to find a bodyshop) . . . tbh I think it might be my tire too. It seems to be speeding up at the rate it's going down now. Put 50psi in both front wheels yesterday, checked them today and one was at 49, and the other 35. I've ordered 2 new tires now for the front and will have them fitted, then wheels aligned and see how it goes from there.

Have a check of the inside edge of the rim, it may be bent and causing the air losss and the odd steering?

Do you normally put 50psi in the tyres?

Have a check of the inside edge of the rim, it may be bent and causing the air losss and the odd steering?

Do you normally put 50psi in the tyres?

No, usually 45. . . max is 50, I like to run them high just because it makes rolling easier and stuff. Will have a look tomorrow inside the rim. I know it's already buckled because Day's have confirmed it some time ago, but I've seen the rim when it went for a refurb and it looked fine (mind you that's not to say it is)

45 is quite high what's the ride like at that high?

45 is quite high what's the ride like at that high?

I dunno, I just like high pressures. . . I didn't even know people don't run that high? What's everyone else doing?

I dunno, I just like high pressures. . . I didn't even know people don't run that high? What's everyone else doing?

36 front 26 rear, it tells you the pressures on a sticker on the passenger side B pillar.

45 is far too high, the tyres will wear out in the centre and you will also lose grip in bends as you have changed the contact area.

• Like 1

I am a nutter! . . Give me a mountain bike and I'll run 25 on the front, 27 on the rear. . . give me a car and I haven't got s clue what I'm doing.

Ok once the new tires are on I'll run 36/26

36 front 26 rear, it tells you the pressures on a sticker on the passenger side B pillar.

I run about 35 all round on my Focus, too high a pressure can reduce grip, increase wear accross the middle of the tyre, and cause problems if you hit a bump or speed hump too fast, as there is no give in the tyre with that pressure. Ooops.... wait a minute......

• Like 1

I am a nutter! . . Give me a mountain bike and I'll run 25 on the front, 27 on the rear. . . give me a car and I haven't got s clue what I'm doing.

Ok once the new tires are on I'll run 36/26

Go by what it says on your car, mines a ST, I think the ZS and metals are slightly higher for the rear tyres ( it's not over 40 though)

point is though, if I put 36 in the front, within 2 days that thing is down to like 10psi

got serious leak there bud losing that much psi

got serious leak there bud losing that much psi

Yeah, it's completely down now. . . I haven't driven it today. Gonna put the spare on tomorrow until the new tyres come. I used tyreleader.co.uk

Should take around 70-90 hours lol

That is a massive hole. My TPS sensor would be going mad at that air loss. Hehe

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club