Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Pressure Fuel Problem

TrevorW

Hi all

Car wont start after being stopped for random amounts of time starts ok when using the hand primer, I have replaced the primer and pipes but no change! I guess the only thing left in the low pressure circuit are the pipes from the fuel filter to the tank and back or the lift pump in the tank. Is the pump in the tank the same as a petrol one as I cant find mention of a diesel one anywhere

Cheers

Trev

No pump in The tank. Do you remove all air from the pipes? It's somehow hard to do that.

yes got all the air out by sucking fuel through the return pipe (spit) but its still drawing air in from somewhere. is it just the fuel gauge sender unit in the tank? how does the fuel get drawn up is it just vacum from the high pressure pump?

You must push all air from pipes and diesel filter to fuel tank. It's hard because you need to squeeze the rubber pump (it's on the left side, above to pipe connector) until no noise will be heard in upper pipe. By this, all air from filter will be pushed to fuel tank. Few weeks ago i made this for a Fusion that change only the fuel filter at an auto service. They told him that is not necessary to purge all air....
Of Course, the engine has stopped from time to time.. Started good, runed well and stopped again. Until I purged all air... I remembered that I squeeze the rubber pump about 5-7 minutes (about 70 -80 times).

After that, you must remove the (-) minus battery pole about 10-15 minutes to reset your ECU, if the MIL lamp blinking.

Now sorted thanks. Inlet pipe had rubbed through on the air intake but was really hard to spot, Ford supplied new pipe was £92.98 so down to local motorfactors 1 meter pipe 2 pipe clips £4.80 The plastic pipe joins to metal just under the bulkhead so cut the old off on with the new and reuse the quick release on the filter end and jobs a goodun :)

Just wish I had spotted this before changing the hand primer and pipes and spending £50 but heyho