Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rs Vents On Fiesta?

M4RC

I'm looking to get the RS vents on the fiesta but the only thing I'm worried about is the rain getting into the engine compartment, could this do any harm???

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I'm looking to get the RS vents on the fiesta but the only thing I'm worried about is the rain getting into the engine compartment, could this do any harm???

Most people I've spoke to with them have said that not much water gets in, not heard any issues with them either.

Many cars have bonnet vents as standard with no issues, when I fitted a K&N to my RS turbo years ago, it came with a plate to fit under the vent to stop the open filter getting wet.

• Like 1

Most people I've spoke to with them have said that not much water gets in, not heard any issues with them either.

Many cars have bonnet vents as standard with no issues, when I fitted a K&N to my RS turbo years ago, it came with a plate to fit under the vent to stop the open filter getting wet.

That's good then!

Yeah, I'm planning on getting a cone filter but the vent should be far enough away from it

I know a few people who've done this to Focus ST and they've fitted a cover beneath (inside) the vent to prevent water hitting certain bits. Easily done to channel water away from a cone filter. I suppose it also depends where exactly you want to locate them 👍🏼

And I also bet you wouldn't be the first so you may find fitting guides or tips elsewhere on this forum or others.

• Like 1

I know a few people who've done this to Focus ST and they've fitted a cover beneath (inside) the vent to prevent water hitting certain bits. Easily done to channel water away from a cone filter. I suppose it also depends where exactly you want to locate them

And I also bet you wouldn't be the first so you may find fitting guides or tips elsewhere on this forum or others.

Ah I see, I think they would be far enough away from the filter so should be okay

I've had a look but no luck

They will look spot on when fitted.

Just hope the rain in the engine bay bay will be okay, one of the vents is right above the air filter so when I get a cone I'll need to do something

How much did you splash out?

On what haha?

On what haha?

Thee RS vents.

Thee RS vents.

Just cheap £20 at the moment to see if I like them or not, if they look good I'll get the genuine ones. Also just noticed that sico developments do ones at £40 but don't know what kinda quality they are either

Just cheap £20 at the moment to see if I like them or not, if they look good I'll get the genuine ones. Also just noticed that sico developments do ones at £40 but don't know what kinda quality they are either

Vents are vents, £20 is a good bargain! From the photo you posted above, they look absolutely fine to me.

Vents are vents, £20 is a good bargain! From the photo you posted above, they look absolutely fine to me.

Yeah I suppose, they feel really crappy but look really good quality so I guess it doesn't matter

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

How did you fit those vents ?

How did you fit those vents ?

Cut the bonnet and stuck them on..

Defiantly need some different wheels in gloss black!

Defiantly need some different wheels in gloss black!

Yep, that's for next month... Along with a black roof and tinted front lights :D

• Like 1

Yep, that's for next month... Along with a black roof and tinted front lights :D

Good lad! You getting after market ones? That will look good mate have to get some pictures uploaded when it's all done!

Hmmmmm not sure if I'm a fan or not, I can't decide

Might need to see some better pictures

Hmmmmm not sure if I'm a fan or not, I can't decide

Might need to see some better pictures

Will be better when I get the black roof, wheels and tinted lights

I would spray them white, go for the stealth RS look :blink: