Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Leak, No One Knows Where? Changed Condenser

RiDER07

Hi there,

I've tried refilling my a/c few months back and it was leaking somewhere. According to the mechanic it was the condenser. So i changed that during the week end.

I went to refill it again, and it's still leaking. Went to 4 mechanics and no one knows where it's leaking? apparently they have put dye through the pipes but still in vain.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

The heat is unbearable :wacko:

Thanks in advance.

I take it the vacuum test showed a leak? If not may be a different fault.

There's only one part of the system you can't see, the evaporator inside the car, but I don't think I've ever heard of one breaking! So really you should be able to find the leak with the luminous dye. Not much else to suggest really.

Couldn't find a leak on mine at first but then found it right in the middle of the condenser due a stone passing through the front bumper grille.

I had a leak in my mk2 focus and it was one of the rivets that was loose

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Common fault on the condenser if you look at the front of the car there are rubber covers that sit over the brackets these are riveted to the condensor the leak usually I there difficult to see but with UV dye and some poking around you can find it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club