Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USB Connection

KesN

Hi All

I am new to this forum. I stay in South Africa and am the proud owner of a MK7 1.6 Trend.

I am not sure what the trend model is called in the UK, but it only has the 3.5mm jack for the aux input. In SA the titanium models comes with a USB as well as 3.5mm jack.

has any one on the forum tried this and does it work?

Thanks

Hi All

I am new to this forum. I stay in South Africa and am the proud owner of a MK7 1.6 Trend.

I am not sure what the trend model is called in the UK, but it only has the 3.5mm jack for the aux input. In SA the titanium models comes with a USB as well as 3.5mm jack.

has any one on the forum tried this and does it work?

Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the madhouse. :D

I've had a quick look at the South African Ford site and can't quite fathom out what model it compares to in the UK. The Trend has 15" alloys, like our Zetec model, but it doesn't seem to have front foglights, which then makes it more similar to a Style or Style+. (So, in other words, it seems to be a Style/Style+ with a few extras, including alloys and BlueTooth/voice control). The engine size is a lot bigger than our versions as well ... the largest 'petrol/manual transmission' Style+ or Zetec available in the UK is 1.4 - only the Zetec S and Titaniums come in 1.6 versions.

I am still waiting for my Zetec 1.4 to be delivered, though it only has the 3.5mm AUX-IN socket and not the USB. I've heard good reports about both though - but maybe someone else, who actually has their car, can tell you more than me.

It would be great if you could post some photos of your car, btw - just so we can compare the South African models to those here in the UK.

Sarc.

I should be able to let you know tomorrow when I get my car!!!!

When looking into one older thread regarding how to remove the head unit I found the picture of back side of the box, picture is not perfectly sharp, but in the smaller connector there are cca 8 free spaces for cables, maybe it could be fitted there? Bigger connector is 7x2 spaces = 6 Speakers + something, smaller connector is 6x2 and fitted are only 2x2 holes... Pics should be from Titanium version which should have USB fitted, we`ll need to wait for someone with pics of unit without USB or someone who finds out how to fit it... :ph34r:

Image0023.jpg

@KesN, @harweyko

I have also mk7 trend version which I bought in Hungary. Trend in coming with 4 Speakers which are fitted in doors. My head unit looks like same as in above picture just few wires in bigger connector are missing which are for rear Speakers. Unfortunately audio system in ford is much complicates as it looks like. Audio font panel, display and head unit are connected via main car computer, not directly. In smaller connector we can see audio wires L+R which are AUX. In other words head unit on the picture is used just to reproduce sound and all control is done via car main computer. Because of that we can not add USB port at all in basic audio system which Trend version have. Only thing which can be done in Trend version is to add rear Speakers BUT with out fader control!

I went to into few ford services - dialers and they could not enable speaker fader control for me (maybe they don't know how). I think that fader control is just disabled in the software ..............

Aston

Hi all

Thanks for all the feedback...

@Sarc: I will post Pics as soon as I get my car back from the sound shop...

I am trying to source the Titanium Aux panel from a Scrapyard to test and will provide an update as soon as we have tested.

Hi all

Thanks for all the feedback...

@Sarc: I will post Pics as soon as I get my car back from the sound shop...

Cheers - will look forward to seeing them. :)

fiesta trend in the uk is a van.... think its middle of the range as its base, trend, sport... sport is zetec s so trends got to be zetec spec...

does ne one know if theres a way to connect a sub to these systems? pioneer say you can fit a ts-wx 11a to it but there doesnt appear to be any rca connectors?

does ne one know if theres a way to connect a sub to these systems? pioneer say you can fit a ts-wx 11a to it but there doesnt appear to be any rca connectors?

TitanimSteve did this ..... "Installing a Sub box to Mk7"

You will need speaker line out to RCA converter !!!

TitanimSteve did this ..... "Installing a Sub box to Mk7"

You will need speaker line out to RCA converter !!!

hmmm is that fit in the stereo? ford approaved? ne modding required?

hmmm is that fit in the stereo? ford approaved? ne modding required?

There is no sub connector's on head unit prepared by Ford, than by my opinion Ford did not approved sub fitting at all. You need to add speaker line out to RCA converter on the head, but you don't need to modify head unit on any way! RCA converter is small independent unit which will convert speaker out level to RCA level. It's very simple unit. Also you need to do some wireing for sub like how TitanimSteve did. (RCA line and power line)

Here is speaker to RCA converter, its stereo like how you can see:

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330341726370

There is no sub connector's on head unit prepared by Ford, than by my opinion Ford did not approved sub fitting at all. You need to add speaker line out to RCA converter on the head, but you don't need to modify head unit on any way! RCA converter is small independent unit which will convert speaker out level to RCA level. It's very simple unit. Also you need to do some wireing for sub like how TitanimSteve did. (RCA line and power line)

Here is speaker to RCA converter, its stereo like how you can see:

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330341726370

i have a 3 door titanium so how do you hook the cables up to the speaker lines... do you fit them on back of head unit? or fit them somewhere else in the loom? im assuming you will have to cut the loon to join them in??

wheres titanium steve when u need him!!

Hi Ronnie

I have installed a Audiocontrol LC6i which is a Low/High Converter. You need to tap into your Speaker wires ( behind the HU is the best place)...

There are many different types of convertors from lower end to really great processors, All depends on your budget.

Will post some links this evening for the different ones available.

Regards

i have a 3 door titanium so how do you hook the cables up to the speaker lines... do you fit them on back of head unit? or fit them somewhere else in the loom? im assuming you will have to cut the loon to join them in??

wheres titanium steve when u need him!!

I saw that you found TitanimSteve, you are in good hands now ..........

Anyway you don't need to cut anything, you can tap into your speaker wires on the head unit at the speaker wires connector like how TitanimSteve suggested. Also you could tap into your rear speaker's wires but for me its easier to do all that on head unit because you need to connect ignition live wire with your amp or your amp will be permanently on and that is not good! Regarding the general wiring you should do it like how TitanimSteve did it, its the beast and easy way.