Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Help - Fault Unknown Guidance Required

TonyRotchford

Good Morning Folks,

I have a ford focus MK1 1.6 Zetec petrol and have been having some problems lately. I am wondering if anyone has encountered the same problems and if they could advise me on what they could be caused by, they are as follows:

1. The car fails to start, it starts but cuts out straight away like petrol isn't getting through. The car then won't start again for maybe 1-2 hours and sometimes I have had to leave it overnight, I have had it at my local garage and they have had it on a diagnostic machine to tell me that they can't find anything, any ideas?

2. Whilst driving I have changed gear and put my foot on the accelartor only for it to rev up and act sluggish, the best way to describe it is that it's as if it's changed to an automatic with delayed burst of accelration.

Can anyone suggest any help or advice on these two problems? Can they be interlinked?

Kind Regards

Tony

Fails to start, fuel pump in tank quite common to play up as you describe, so next time you have it fail to start, just switch ign on and listen for pump priming for a few seconds before it stops , or while its running ok, do the same so you know what your listening for.

Thanks Ian mate I will look into getting that changed. Do you think this could be the reason for the acceleration issue as I had seen on other forums this could be a throttle sensor.

• 3 weeks later...

could be the TPS, but could be the crankshaft sensor as well, which may tie in with the starting issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for their advice, I had the Cranshaft sensor replaced and it seems to have sorted the starting problems, however the car now is idling really low and almost cuts out when starting. Really frustrating!!

• Like 1

That could be the air filter or the idle control

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1