Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Socket In Glovebox

chrisjbooth

Morning!

I know there are loads of topics on USB power sockets and hardwiring chargers in, however I'm struggling a bit. Most of the linked products in those posts are either from the States or no longer available.

Basically I need to charge my phone as I use it as a sat nav, but in my focus mk2.5 the cig lighter is in an awkward place and the wire gets in the way. I don't want to link it up to the stereo or spend £100+ putting bluetooth in, I just want a charge point.

I'd like to put a USB socket in my glove box so I can run the cable from there, out the way. I want a socket that isn't going to blow my phone up. There are plenty from China on eBay, but don't fancy killing my phone or car!

Ideally I'd want to wire it to work with the ignition.

Cheers

• Like 1

I make looms that give you a spare 12v socket that you can place wherever you want (whether under the dash or in the glovebox).

All you would need to add is a plug in usb adaptor.

tapatalk_1437803148078.jpeg

I do them for £15 posted.

If you're interested just P/M me your request and we can sort via a paypal gift payment.

You just need to add a socket like this-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231537729517&alt=web

That looks the part. I haven't had the car long, I assume the fuse box is behind the glove box like the mk1.5? Is it one of those piggy back things or do I use a spare one? Also where's the negative go? Just into an earth?

The fusebox is seated under the glovebox, two twist bolts and the board hinges down.

It ises a fusetap so you take out the original fuse and insert the tap then put the original fuse into the bottom slot.

Earth wire goes to any convenient body mounted bolt/screw.

If you intend to fit the wire into the glovebox it will be easier to remove the glovebox tray (7 torx screws) and feed the wire through any convenient hole (or drill one if necessary.

I can rig the wire so you can feed it through a smallish hole and then attach to the socket.

The socket will come with 2 self tapping screws and a sticky pad to assist with placement wherever you desire.

• Like 1

Consensus would suggest the fuse 100 slot is the best to use as it's the ignition supplied electronic module feed.

Ive got the kit and credit where its due its perfect I put a double USB adaptor into mine its really was to fit and just screws into place all you need I to drill a hole in the glove box or

• Like 2

Kit from Stoney arrived. Easy to fit with good instructions. Works a treat.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club