Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecu Part Number

Stevenet15

A friend of mine took a gamble and won a fire damaged fiesta mk7 at auction for peanuts, there was damage to the bonnet, bumper, wiring loom/battery area and ecu, he has sourced and fitted a new bumper and bonnet on and replaced the wiring loom but the ecu is frazzled, ford want a stupid amount to replace so he's been to the local breakers to find a replacement ecu, clocks, key and alarm box as there all coded but it's far cheaper to do this (£100), however he has a part number issue just wondering if you could help the cars are the same years and engine but what do the last characters represent?

His ecu is

8V21-12A650-KF

0 281 014 803

The one he's foundat the breakers is

8V21-12A650-KD

0 281 014 803

Does the last digits represent it's a software update? Eg KD or KF is two letters on so its just that it has a different software update on it? All other numbers match up just that last letter that's different and there's 4 months between the build dates of the cars. Any help will be appreciated as he wants to know before he purchases

Thanks

yeah they are the firmware numbers take it to your local dealer and ask for a pcm update and it will be put to the latest level for you bud

Wow thanks for quick reply, any idea how much it costs to update? Will it run without the update?

No probs mate i would say around an 1 hour, it would be like paying for diagnostic time as which ever dealer you go to but i will defiantly be no more than an hour so around £50-80

Just one more question can you change tyre size on ecu via ids?

i think you can I'm not sure as in work i have never had to change any part of the central configuration but i think it can be done though but i don't think for ford will let this be done at a dealer

• 4 years later...

Hi could u tell me where the part number for a ecu for a 2015 fiesta is as I can’t get the cover off wonder if u can find it somewhere else? Regards gary

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club