Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My baby has been born

Sarc

Just a quick snap of the scan from a few days ago:

scan.jpg

And this new photo of little Zetec, (who we may end up calling Scarlet), has been sent to me by the midwife:

dummy.jpg

Classic :lol:

How can you tell where the car was made from the VIN?

Brian :rolleyes:

7th and 8th characters GA means Cologne, WP means Valencia.

I have the DNA results back from the lab and can confirm that little Scarlet is actually Spanish. Think I would have prefered her to be German, to be honest - but never mind ... I'll love her all the same. :)

Dealer said the car is due for delivery around 23rd of this month, (in fact only about a week to go - can't wait).

7th and 8th characters GA means Cologne, WP means Valencia.

The 7th letter is the country of build,the 8th is the factory within that country:

G is Germany, A is Cologne

W is Spain, P is valencia

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Got the pics now then?

I'm still suffering from 'PaulWorthing' syndrome btw mate - ie; Endless wait; no idea of build date; no idea of delivery date. Seems to me that Ford don't like building 3-door squeeze's in a hurry! June 30th order. It's now the 2nd October and I'm none-the-wiser. Just thought you'd wanna know...

Btw Paul - how is the car? You still in love with him? Everything fine?

I'm still suffering from 'PaulWorthing' syndrome btw mate - ie; Endless wait; no idea of build date; no idea of delivery date. Seems to me that Ford don't like building 3-door squeeze's in a hurry! June 30th order. It's now the 2nd October and I'm none-the-wiser. Just thought you'd wanna know...

:o wow that is a long time!

:o wow that is a long time!

It is indeed Amy. I had lovely dark hair when I ordered it...and now it's all grey! I'm starting to think that Ford have lost my order papers!!!

Either that or I totally dreamt I popped into a Ford dealership & placed an order for a new Ford Fiesta?!?! I do eat lots of cheese - so maybe it was all a dream?

My dealer rang just over a week ago to say still no idea of a build date - let alone a delivery date therefore. At this rate - I'll have the next plate on March 1st !!!

:angry: :(

HE IS F'ING WONDERFUL . . . they are all right when they say that once you have got your car delivered you forget about the wait. I go out driving past the shops in town just to look at his relecting in the windows and everytime I do my heart flutters a little bit. When I park up I always look back and savour the view of him too. It'll so be worth the wait Nightoul believe me

(just one scratch so far - a verticle one on the bumper on the side so not sure how the hell that happened but one thing is for sure, I was not driving it at the time)

HE IS F'ING WONDERFUL . . . they are all right when they say that once you have got your car delivered you forget about the wait. I go out driving past the shops in town just to look at his relecting in the windows and everytime I do my heart flutters a little bit. When I park up I always look back and savour the view of him too. It'll so be worth the wait Nightoul believe me

(just one scratch so far - a verticle one on the bumper on the side so not sure how the hell that happened but one thing is for sure, I was not driving it at the time)

bless paul!

It is indeed Amy. I had lovely dark hair when I ordered it...and now it's all grey! I'm starting to think that Ford have lost my order papers!!!

Either that or I totally dreamt I popped into a Ford dealership & placed an order for a new Ford Fiesta?!?! I do eat lots of cheese - so maybe it was all a dream?

My dealer rang just over a week ago to say still no idea of a build date - let alone a delivery date therefore. At this rate - I'll have the next plate on March 1st !!!

:angry: :(

What the xxxx is going on at your dealer?

You need to go and kick some serious !Removed! in there Mr Owl.

I think they are taking the p*** with you.......the dealer where I bought my car from and several other dealers in the area are advertising surplus 59 plate Fiestas in stock!!!

Agreed, they may not be your spec, but they are there.

I suggest cancelling your order with your dealer and placing it elsewhere---that might buck their ideas up a bit?

You just know that, based on the co operation you're getting now, when you do eventually get the car the after sales service is going to be even worse.

To quote the old Harp lager advert......time for a short sharp exit me thinks! :rolleyes:

What the xxxx is going on at your dealer?

You need to go and kick some serious !Removed! in there Mr Owl.

I think they are taking the p*** with you.......the dealer where I bought my car from and several other dealers in the area are advertising surplus 59 plate Fiestas in stock!!!

Agreed, they may not be your spec, but they are there.

I suggest cancelling your order with your dealer and placing it elsewhere---that might buck their ideas up a bit?

You just know that, based on the co operation you're getting now, when you do eventually get the car the after sales service is going to be even worse.

To quote the old Harp lager advert......time for a short sharp exit me thinks! :rolleyes:

Well - in the 3 months since I signed on the dotted line & actually ordered the car on June 30th - I have had the grand total of 2 (that's TWO!) phone calls from my dealer. The first was about a month ago to say "It looks as though the initial delivery date of 25th September is going to have to be put back". No explanation as to why - other than "Everybody wants the new Fiesta & they just can't build them quickly enough".

The second (and last) phone call was just over a week ago - about nine days infact. Dealer told me that he's now hoping to get the car "sometime in the middle of - or near the end of - October". Again - no reasons given for the delay - just that he's "trying his best". Er - yeah - okay! Are you really Mr Ford Dealer???

I made him promise weeks ago to keep me informed and - no matter what - to let me know just as soon as he gets a build date for my car. He totally & utterly promised he'd do that. Today is the 3rd October...and no build date yet. That means even if he rings today with one - it'll still be a couple of weeks or so after the build date before I take delivery. Therefore [and bearing in mind I don't have the build date yet] - I'm looking at mid-October no matter what!

Now I know how Paulworthing felt!

Have a look at the specs of my car at the foot of this post. It's not exactly an Aston Martin or a Ferrari I've ordered is it! It's just a 3-door Squeeze Fiesta with dress-up kit & 7-spoke alloys. June 30th order; No build or delivery date; 95 days & counting...and counting...and counting...

:angry:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club