Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Conversion Ideas Please

Juicehead99

Hi guys, I've signed up to get a few ideas for my first engine conversion project.

So first off I recondition engines for a living and daily pull engines in and out of vehicles so I know mechanicly wise what I'm doing but obviously this isn't just take out and put new one in.

So first time I do this I want an easy ish one to do but that's worth doing.

Now my idea was to buy donar car, 1.8 or 2.0 and drop it into small hatchback, then once running and safe bolt turbo onto it.

Is this worth doing?

Secondly I haven't picked the car yet either, I assume for first time I'm better off using a Ford if engine is a Ford ye?

I like the mk6 fiesta. So maybe drop 1.8or 2.0 into that? Is this a job worth doing?

I'd not then post your ideas guys id love to hear and take the knowlage in.

Thanks

Why not save yourself the bother, money and insurance problems and just buy a Fiesta ST150? Maybe buy a damaged one if youre wanting a cheap project to work on.:)

• Like 1

Buying a damaged engine car and stripping and rebuilding is a daily thing for me in work so not really "fun" for me lol hence why I wanted a bigger project

You could always supercharge the Fiesta ST!

• Like 1

Mk1 Focus RS engine and all the extra bits needed in a Fiesta would be cool.

Ive seen a few Transit Connects with that conversion too.

Mk1 Focus RS engine and all the extra bits needed in a Fiesta would be cool.

Ive seen a few Transit Connects with that conversion too.

Now we are talking! What engines are in the RS focus?

Thanks, how much difference is there in 2.0l zetec and 2.0l duratec?

Anybody done this before? Into mk6 fiesta?

I read Fast Ford every month and cant recall seeing a Focus RS lump in a Fiesta, only turbo'd Zetecs. I have read features on Transit Connects with it in though. Dont forget its not just the engine, its the ecu, immobiliser, intercooler, exhaust, instrument cluster maybe?, fuel supply, etc.

I read Fast Ford every month and cant recall seeing a Focus RS lump in a Fiesta, only turbo'd Zetecs. I have read features on Transit Connects with it in though. Dont forget its not just the engine, its the ecu, immobiliser, intercooler, exhaust, instrument cluster maybe?, fuel supply, etc.

Bee looking into this last hour or so and the focus RS engine is 2.0 duratec, and apparently the mk6 fiesta ST comes with this in????

Rs says duratec but its a zetec engine turbo'd, duratec engine in st is the mazda derived 2.0 , different to rs.

Know someone was trying to get 2.3 mazda turbo (260hp standard ) into fiesta not so long ago,

Easier would be 2.3 mondeo duratec , just a stroked 2.0 duratec

Rs says duratec but its a zetec engine turbo'd, duratec engine in st is the mazda derived 2.0 , different to rs.

Know someone was trying to get 2.3 mazda turbo (260hp standard ) into fiesta not so long ago,

Ok thanks.

But if a mk6 fiesta comes with zetec turbo'd in already is there much point of me doing this conversion?

Mk6 Fiesta ST is not turbo'd, its 150bhp naturally aspirated fuel injection. Only the old mk3 RS and newer shape Fiesta ST, Ecoboost engines and diesels have a turbo.

But instead of fitting the duratec to the mk6 wouldn't it be easy to get ST and turbo it?

PAIN AND GAIN

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club