Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service,,,,what To Do???

steve67

Ok, my son's fiesta which is a 1.25 style 2007 is due for its service.

But its only done 30k miles and 2.5k from when we bought it last December.

the car has ffsh. Ford want near £300 for the 'major service', even thought most of the service is check,check ,check, even the spark plugs are not replaced...

i can get all the parts and service it my self for £70..

or an independent garage can do it for £195

question is, will a service stamp help sell the car in the future ?

or is it worth servicing as its only done 2.5k since last service?

as i said before the service book is full of ford stamps( x7)

I'd just change the oil , oil filter, air filter & the spark plugs & check & top up all the fluid levels & check the brake pads for wear & save yourself a fortune.

Keep the receipt for parts purchased & mark the service book '' Self serviced '' :)

• Like 1

Don't know but when I went in to book the service last year they told me about the Motocraft service and gave me the option.

get a quote for a motorcraft major service if major is what is required, that includes oil, oil filter, air filter and plugs, and also full brake check. It also includes the 30 point evhc( vehicle health check)

So basically its a full service without a pollen filter. (And £100+ cheaper)

Not in there interest to tell you that as your car is over 4 yrs old then here, have a service done cheaper sir.

Sounds like a rip off but here in the EC if you take out the standard Ford service you also get roadside assistance thrown in for free for the next 12 months. I had done about the same milage when I took my Fiesta in for a service as the equivalent roadside assistance would have set me back about €150 which was slightly more than half the servicing cost.

After owning my previous Clio for 10 years (2005 - 2015), the first 3 years was serviced by the dealer. Anything after that I did myself, and noted it in the service booklet.

• Like 1

Sounds like a rip off but here in the EC if you take out the standard Ford service you also get roadside assistance thrown in for free for the next 12 months. I had done about the same milage when I took my Fiesta in for a service as the equivalent roadside assistance would have set me back about 150 which was slightly more than half the servicing cost.

you get aa cover also with motorcraft servicing .(sara)

serviceschedule-1439728885510.pdf

• 1 month later...

Just back from having a service at my local ford dealer, went for the minor service as car had only done 2.5k since last service, and doing the pollen filter and plugs myself. got it for £115 with a free 'massive' sports/weekend bag and the free AA cover for a year

(the AA cover would be £158 for the year alone)

for an 8yr old car only picked up on the tracking being slightly out.. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club