Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Focus Titanium Sony Stereo. Bluetooth Not Working!

Oliver C

Hi all,

I'm new to this, but need some help!

The bluetooth in my focus has stopped working, along with all other associated functions of the bluetooth box (No voice control, no bluetooth, USB no longer charging or connecting, Aux not working. Aux and voice control buttons do nothing, Phone button now just mutes the stereo)

From looking around a few forums, people seem to say unplugging the bluetooth unit and plugging it back in should solve this problem. Can anyone please tell me where I can located the bluetooth unit?? The other suggestions people have include:

- Updating the firmware [but my USB isn't functioning, so I don't think I can do this?]

- Unplugging the battery for 20 mins [i don't know the code for my stereo, where could I find this out?]

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks very much!

Found this picture of the stereo I have in someone else's car:

post-67936-0-85071400-1439725452_thumb.j

I also have a 2011 Focus and was told my dealer that they do not have a radio code as the unit is so tailored to the dashboard. I have also heard this from another source. As far as I know the bluetooth is integrated into the unit and not a separate thing. Does the radio work ?

Thanks for replying.

The radio and everything else is working flawlessly.

Perhaps that's why I haven't been able to find the unit, and hopefully I can unplug the battery for a bit and it won't disable the battery?

Not sure where the module is on this. Try looking behind the fuse box cover in the passenger footwell.

Otherwise as has been said, there is no radio code so you should be fine unplugging battery for a bit.

Then I'd try upgrading the software when you get it working to try and reduce the chance of it crashing again.

Have you tried the reset option in the menu?

I read about one reset option, but it required use of the 'Aux' button, and mine isn't working/does nothing when pressed. Is there another way without that button? (Thanks for replying)

I'm not sure as not had my focus that long & dealer set up the bluetooth.

I have seen the option while messing about in the menu though.

I'll have a look once I get chance.

Try pressing the menu button followed by sync settings & have a look in there for re-set option (clear all phone/bluetooth settings)

I take it you actually had a USB device connected when trying the AUX setting? Sure it doesn't work unless somethings actually connected?

Sync wasn't fitted to the Focus until mid to late 2012.

OP's car doesn't have Sync, it has the older system.

UPDATE: Thanks for all your help everyone. I really appreciate all the responses.

I unhooked the battery for 20 mins and the bluetooth is back to life! (no need for radio codes ect.) I'm going to update the firmware now before it all goes wrong again.

All the best,

Oli

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 8/17/2015 at 3:29 AM, alexp999 said:

Not sure where the module is on this. Try looking behind the fuse box cover in the passenger footwell.

Otherwise as has been said, there is no radio code so you should be fine unplugging battery for a bit.

Then I'd try upgrading the software when you get it working to try and reduce the chance of it crashing again.

Don't you need a code if I do this to the battery in a Ford focus lw 2011 time there but screen black i can hear dadio and play cds nothing on screen thanks all

• 6 months later...

Hi my bluetooth isn't working neither. I have a 2011 focus style 1600. I went to ford garage they said although it says bluetooth on radio it didn't mean I'd got bluetooth so there only answer was 

" you haven't got it " can someone please tell me if this year and model should have Bluetooth please.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club