Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Legal Reg Plate?

cameron tocher

Hi I'm just wondering is there away to make this plate legal to put on my car? CT03 HER, I wanted it to have a space after the c? Would it be illegal if it was C T03HER?

post-67972-0-75251300-1439730210_thumb.j

Yes it would be illegal ( incorrect spacing )

• Like 3

Very illegal and begging to be tugged.

Why make yourself a target.

• Like 3

Very illegal and begging to be tugged.

Why make yourself a target.

I agree totally but the amount of illegally spaced plates especially private plates these days is ridiculous. It does seem the police don't seem to bother these days as long as the font and everything else is correct, at least that is how it seems to me.

• Like 2

I agree totally but the amount of illegally spaced plates especially private plates these days is ridiculous. It does seem the police don't seem to bother these days as long as the font and everything else is correct, at least that is how it seems to me.

Probably too busy doing the work of 3 Officers due to reduced staff numbers.

I do pull for illegal plates and all my oppo's do too although I usually offer suitable words of advice rather than automatically reaching for the ticket book (unless I see them doing it again, in which case all niceties are dropped).

• Like 3

There are a huge number of cars running around my area with insane amounts of tint on the front windows, completely blackened tail-lights, and illegal number plates. I wish the police in this country weren't spread so thin, the situation is getting worse.

• Like 4

Is there any way of Joe public reporting motoring offences? Or alerting drivers to faults?

I've seen the odd illegal plate, but the other week followed someone with both brake lights out...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

always report a dodgy number plate. that vehicle can easily escape a crime because its plate is illegal.

Just because everyone else does it, just dont do it yourself, its not worth the extra trouble.

Make up a couple of show plates with the style you want, but ensure you drive on public highways with your legal plates only.

Is it really worth a fine and correction notice? along with the police seeing you and wanting to tug you (and potentially find something else wrong with the car!

• Like 1

I do pull for illegal plates and all my oppo's do too although I usually offer suitable words of advice rather than automatically reaching for the ticket book (unless I see them doing it again, in which case all niceties are dropped).

Are you a little more tolerant to drivers of the blue oval? :)

saw an obvious illegal number plate no spacing at all, incorrect font, colour etc and on a shiney new looking range rover only 100metres from our police station, parked outside a pub. numerous police cars must have passed it.i passed it twice in an hour.

• Like 1

It probably belonged to someone from the station then having a pint after work! ;)

• Like 3

Dodgy plates should not be ignored.

I certainly don't have the luxury of deciding what offences I do or don't report.

The big problem is that as there is a diminishing number of 'front line' officers and some minor things seem to be being allowed to slide.

Sad but true I'm afraid.

• Like 3

Isn't a certain local billionaires number plate illegally spaced?

Probably thinks he's above the law or one of those countless idiot drivers who think that '' the law doesn't apply to me '' & drive how they like with no regard to other road users & who would fail a driving test tomorrow & as such have no right to be driving

Plus he's rich & can afford the fines & a chauffeur :)

Probably thinks he's above the law or one of those countless idiot drivers who think that '' the law doesn't apply to me '' & drive how they like with no regard to other road users & who would fail a driving test tomorrow & as such have no right to be driving

By all accounts he's a decent bloke, but I've not spoken to everyone in city, so I'd imagine opinions will vary.. I often if he gets sort of ignored on account of how much he does for the city... Ofcourse what he does also furthers his business, but he is a local man so I don't know if people are just grateful he stuck around...

Mmmm - so just because he '' does a lot for the city '' allows him to flout the law that applies to the rest of us ?

Although a lot of laws are / seem daft, one just can't pick & choose which ones to obey & which ones to ignore - whether or not one is rich or influential

Politicians excluded of course ! :)

Sometimes it's the silent threat, make my life difficult by pulling for silly things i can always take my business elsewhere...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was about to say similar myself... Illegal plates are only a fine at worst I believe? Rich people don't care about that! :lol:

Money does put you above the law in a lot of cases unfortunately, even court cases if you can afford the best lawyers...

Actually his plate has been checked and is compliant.

(Btw, he's a total tool).

• Like 2

There's a guy round here who has a stick on front plate which has size 8 font with his number plate. I think I will be reporting that!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

How do you report these sorts things, to the non emergency police number 101?

I have seen that car again in my area with both brake lights out, but I struggle to remember the reg and you can't take a picture, lol.

What gets me is people posting pics of their cars with clearly illegal plates. "Look I'm breaking the law!"

• Like 1