Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reliability

midnight26

Just wanted to know how reliable everyone's fiesta have been? Has anyone had any issues with the new ecoboost engines etc. any advise would be appreciated

I used to own a 2010 1.4L Zetec 96PS absolutely fantastic car never had any issues only that it was white and I couldn't keep it looking clean! The new ecoboost models are supposed to be reliable too.

We got two in the family, one '09 1.25 Duratec with about 95.000km on the clock and mine is a '13 1.25 wich has run almost 30.000km.

So far absolutely no big problems with both cars (even the first breaks with pads are still installed on the older one :D ).

But the Mk7 Fiestas aren't known for exaggerated "wear" engine, chassis or drivetrain wise.

Don't know about the 1.0 for myself, but some german magazines made long term tests over 100.000km in a relatively short period of time and they praise the engine. Runs smooth, doesn't need alot of fuel and is reliable.

Until recently I was a light driver and had no problems, but then I did about 5000kms in the last few months. In general no problems until a week or so ago when a high pitched whine developed. It is going into the dealer soon and the problem has not affected the cars performance in any way.

For reliability across all brands after 2 years check out the German TUV website below.

http://www.anusedcar.com/

As you will see Fiesta's are similar to Skoda in the early years and for older models often start off a bit worse but hold their place whereas Skoda etc drop quite far down the table.

Have a 2013 ecoboost which I bought new had a problem last year when the car wouldn't always start , turned out to be a relay, fixed under warranty had no problems since

Thanks for all the information everyone. It's reassuring to know that nobody has had any bad experiences when it comes to reliability, thanks for putting my mind at ease.

• Like 1

Just wanted to know how reliable everyone's fiesta have been? Has anyone had any issues with the new ecoboost engines etc. any advise would be appreciated

Honest John is a good place to find out about a specific car:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/fiesta-2013/?section=good