Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint "bubbling" On Alloys

ayrshiredude

Have noticed that the paint around the Valves on my ST3 is starting to "bubble". Its only the front 2. Any idea what would be causing this? Whats the warranty on this kinda thing? The cars just coming up on 1 year old now so I'm surprised by this. Only issue for warranty is one of them is kinda badly kerbed though not at the valve area.

Any ideas?

i thought i had noticed this on one of mine,just keeping an eye on it as i cannot tell if its started to bubble or its just a rough finish in that area .

i saw it when the car was 3 months old !

It's probably the water content in the air in the tyre - you may have a tiny leak - often more noticeable if the valves aren't rubber & also sometimes due to the incompatibility of aluminium valves with the composition of the inner wheel finish due to chemical reaction

It's an age old issue

• Like 1

Mine had this and I got 3 new wheels under warranty ,I took it into the dealer who sent some pics to ford and they said ok to replace.Took about 4 weeks from pics to new wheels fitted.

Update - went to my Ford Dealer yesterday and he made a call and then told me I was going to get 2 new wheels :) Going in for its first service next week so he is going to take photos then and arrange to get the new wheels.

• Like 2