Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plastic Door Strips

S40Un

I've recently converted my 2006 5 door focus mk2 tdci into a full St replica.

One of the last jobs to do is either colour code or just remove & polish where the black plastic door protector strips are.

Are these plastic strips just glued on with no holes in the door skin behind it?

Thanks

Shaun

Car looks great! Personally if just colour code them - an easy and cheap job.

• Like 1

The plastic door protectors have guiding pins which are inserted into the doors. Removing the door protectors will expose the holes in the door.

Ford does sell primed door protectors which can easily be spray painted but these will cost a fortune. Personally I would get a set of door protectors from a scrap yard, sand them, paint them and install them on the car using double sided tape.

Dam. Not what I wanted to hear :(

Colour coding would be my last resort as ford Aquarius blue it very hard to match as it's slightly perlecant , you can really notice different shades in the light

Thanks guys

Most decent paint shops will be able to mix it exact for you into cans or whatever paint you want to use. You'd be suprised how cheap they can be as well - make sure you use plastic primer too!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club