Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12v Plug In Focus 2007 Estate

jossyboy

Hi All, Having a bit of an issue with my newly acquired 07 focus estate and couldn't find anything via google. The 12V plug in the dashboard doesn't work but the one in the boot does.

I was wondering if they're on the same fuse if they are then obviously the socket needs looking at but if not it's most likely a fuse which i can change myself easily.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

I think there on different fuses handbook should tell you

bye the way welcome

The sockets run off the same fuse in the foot well panel (fuse number 39 - 20A).

Remove the driver side kick panel and check the socket is connected properly, the plug may have come off.

If everything looks good there then check the connector with a voltmeter, if that is OK then the socket is most likely knackered.

Yeah, just checked the owners manual (didn't think I had one but managed to find it) had a look at the connections but they seem fine, don't have a voltmeter but presume that it will indicate knackered socket.

Thanks for the tip on the kick panel. Was hoping to avoid removing the front panels

Just tried a plug i got from the scrappy but it didn't work :( Any other ideas.

It does sound like a possible damaged loom somewhere, if you could get a voltmeter from somewhere you would know for sure if power is getting through.

May be worth swapping the fuse just in case, they can be a pest and you can't guarantee that Ford didn't alter fusing and connection routes at some point.

I have had fuses that look fine but are blown in an invisible way.

• Like 1

I'll check the fuse box then, it seems odd that the one in the boot would be working but not the one in the front if they are on the same fuse. I suppose i'll have to trace the wire back from the fusebox to the plug and see if i can see anything obvious

• Like 1

So, I've had the side kick panels off today trying to get to the bottom of this fault. Tried a new 12v plug, no joy, tried a volt meter, nothing. Ran my hand up the cable and there is another orange connecter taped up further up the wire. Checked that on the voltmeter, still nothing. I'm thinking I might have to get one of those piggy back fuse cables and run that in instead and abandon the original wiring

That orange connector is an illumination circuit for if you have the optional ashtray.

If that is fitted then the socket has an illuminated ring.

No power to that cable means that more than one circuit is affected.

Have you checked that all cable blocks on the fusebox are seated tightly and corrosion free?

If you do find you need a patch cable to resupply power to the socket I'll be glad to assist.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club