Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2012 - Usb Audio Problems (iphone)

Alex Ward

Hi all

I'm sure this has been posted countless times as it seems like a lot of people are having similar problems. However, there doesn't seem to be a recent post and I was wondering if there's a solution.

I have a Ford Fiesta (built Jan 2012, registered March 2012) Edge model which I've owned for about 6 months. It's perfect for me and I love the car but the one thing that frustrates me beyond all belief is the USB connection.

My model doesn't have bluetooth - only USB and AUX. However, when I connected my iPhone 6 it doesn't recognise it properly. It picks it up as an iPod and I can play some songs, but it gets stuck in shuffle mode and won't play anything except from a random selection of music.

I did some Googling and found that Ford last released an update (publicly) for my car in November 2012 which is supposed to resolve most issues. I've tried putting it on a couple of USB sticks with just the update files for my language (english ofc). I put the key in the ignition, turn on the stereo in 1 hour mode with USB in, it says "no files on device", I then turn the key to II but nothing happens update-wise. No errors or anything. I'm guessing this might be because the stereo has the latest update - would this be correct?

I'm wondering whether, as the official Ford site for updates no longer exists, Ford has released more recent updates which can only be done at a dealership? I'm desperate to fix this issue but can't shed any light on it.

I don't mind paying £50 to a dealer to have this done if there definitely IS an update. Otherwise I'm wasting my time and money.

On another note, is it possible to get the dealer to actually upgrade a stereo for you? I currently have the basic CD/USB/AUX/FM version and would quite like the version with bluetooth and better display - is that possible at all? Will a dealer do it?

Many thanks all

Alex

Have you tried plugging and unplugging the the USB cable a few times, while the radio is on? Not the part that connects to the phone, but the car USB port.

I have a 2015 model and also an iPhone 6 and sometimes the system doesn't recognise the connection made via USB, so I have to (un)plug it, sometimes only once, sometimes multiple tries.

I have yeah, thanks for the reply. I think it's picking it up OK most of the time, it's just not playing it properly. I think it's more a software fault than physical connection.

It's definitely a software fault. I know this 'cause I've tried various devices and various cables. Unplugging multiple times seems to somehow "force" the device to be recognised.

BT connection is flawless, but music audio quality is poor.

have you tried pulling the fuse and leaving it for a minute?

have you tried pulling the fuse and leaving it for a minute?

No, could give that a try. Do you mean the fuse to the box that has the USB and aux connection?

yeah - i had an issue a couple of times - bluetooth couldn't be turned on, usb audio was skipping like a walkman on a kangaroo. the battery was tied down, so i removed the relevant fuse and it fixed it

I'll definitely give that a try when I've got a minute.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club