Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Connector? (focus Mk2)

Dan P

I was removing various bits of my interior in order to find a path for a cable for cruise control and stumbled across this (white connector, to the right of the picture) and wondered what it's for...

post-66356-0-50883500-1439840350_thumb.j

It's behind the panel in the passenger foot well, under the centre console, near the handbrake.

If you feel around inside above the top of that connection you may find the other half.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If you feel around inside above the top of that connection you may find the other half.

What is it then?

• Like 1

I don't think there's anything disconnected, I'm just curious as to what extra kit I'm missing out on!

Is the wiring not already there for cruise on a Zetec?

Not sure what that plugs for though, quite a few wires so not something simple like heated seats and theres not much else in that area. Maybe for electronic climate control? Rear electric windows?

cruise control should be there, it was on my 2006 zetec climate. i didnt even bother looking for the wires i just got the wheel and hoped it'd work!

might be something to do with the heated seats?

It's for the 12v socket in armrest. And also I think there's a keyless entry module in the centre console. Also it's for push button start. It could be someone fitted a mk2.5 centre console to your car before you had it.

• Like 2

On the facelift mk2 there is a corresponding plug attached to the centre console which is indeed for the front/rear sockets (or start button if fitted) and most likely a rear fitted usb/aux socket which were a option.

If you were to fit a facelift console then it would save you some wiring for sure.

• Like 2

Great, thanks guys. Could I potentially hack into here to get an additional 12V feed then?

How many heavy gauge wires are there? A quick probe with a multimeter will determine which ones are for your 12v feed

No that connection is attached to the centre centre console, as seeing as nothing is connected to it you cannot do anything with it.

So where are the wires going?

If the wires go to the main loom then the rear socket wire colours are yellow/orange and black.

post-28494-0-84614700-1439918763_thumb.j

If you really want to wire in a second socket I can make you a loom that will plug between your original dash socket and it's connector block and loop off to wherever you want to fit another socket.

I use proper T-Blocks that match the contacts on Ford sockets exactly.

post-28494-0-43411700-1439918991_thumb.j

Thanks for the info and suggestions... Stoney I may be in touch soon for some of your wires.

• 5 years later...

Hi. Anyone found what is this connector for? I noticed I also have it. It is coming from underneath connected with another socket.