Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Windscreen Trims

tazzman600

Does anyone know how the plastic trim pieces either side of the windscreen attach to the car on the mk3 (maybe it's the same with the mk2/2.5 I don't know ). I'm after renovating them. Thanks in advance.

Are they faded to that horrible grey? I see it all the time with vans coming in to us that haven't been looked after. If you go at it with a heat gun the faded grey magically disappears :)

Really??? Blimey. I'll try that. Cheers kpg.

Really??? Blimey. I'll try that. Cheers kpg.

No worries. I hope it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone 5s.

Juet pull them off starting from the bottom of windscreen, I just hadva go at removing mine for your benefit

Havent pulled it all off but it refits nicely back in place what I did pull off.

post-59356-143990070952_thumb.jpg

Cheers Ian. That's really good of you to show me that. Very much appreciated. Just so happens car is in a spray shop thanks to some !Removed! hole denting wing. They gonna sort out other blemishes too.

I tend to use autoglm bumper dressing on my black plastics, have done for years, a green gel that seems to work on tired plastics well.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hope you can mine keeps popping out on drivers side .are there some clips you can get for this 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I so need to join this convo! Car is a mess and giving up hope stupid mouldings haha

I follow this guy on YT (only because I nearly but a luxo barge) and he says teak oil is great for bringing plastic trim back to good again

• 2 years later...
On 8/18/2015 at 1:26 PM, iantt said:

Havent pulled it all off but it refits nicely back in place what I did pull off.

post-59356-143990070952_thumb.jpg

Resurrecting this thread as some so-and-so has actually stolen these parts from mine.

Does anyone know what they're actually called?

I've tried searching for windscreen trim etc but nothing seems to come up.

And presumably they just clip in?

1 hour ago, Mike-Mike said:

Resurrecting this thread as some so-and-so has actually stolen these parts from mine.

Does anyone know what they're actually called?

I've tried searching for windscreen trim etc but nothing seems to come up.

And presumably they just clip in?

Genuine Ford Focus MK3 O/S Windscreen Weatherstrip Insert Moulding 1796560 | eBay

Genuine Ford Focus MK3 N/S Windscreen Weatherstrip Insert Moulding 1796561 | eBay

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club