Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bumper Removal

Brigante

Could anyone advice on how exatcly to remove a mk4 front bumper please.

Finally got one but for the new bumper to go on the old one needs to come off.

Also, what is the best adhesive foam tape around that will hold on a front lip, rather than sealemt etc

Not hard but you will need a friend,, Remove headlights, jack up front of car, remove engine tray, think it's 7 bolts, remove radiator shield combination of bolts and those stupid plastic rivets ( best get some spares ), remove wheel arch liners, next remove radiator top cover prise up middle and the remove those stupid rivets at each end also lift the 2 tabs on the rear of that panel it should now lift off, then remove grille centre section more rivets, disconnect the fog lights,now undo the bolts 1 each side that fasten the number to the wing, this is where you need a chum, locate the tabs that hold the bumper lift these at the same time pull the number forward, there are some pegs locating the bumper in the centre, that's the tricky bit, now that's all from memory so it may be a bit vague, but a quick look at your car will I think make it clear. As often said replacement is the reverse of removal

• Like 1

Sorry to the late reply to my own topic mate. Been very hectic the last week. All work, no play and very little sleep.

But yes mate that info is very helpful, thank you for the quick reply. In theory it should be a relatively easy job.

I have already removed the grills and fog lights, which are currently in the process of being sprayed gloss black.

I have also acquired a good hand full of rivets (courtesy of my good old Uncle Clive ;))

So as soon as the spraying has finished I will remove my old damaged bumper, drill out the rivets holding the sports lip on and re-rivet it on to the new bumper. I'll also rivet on the mounting brackets onto the new bumper then I'll finally be able to have my front end looking new again as at the moment it is pretty shocking.

Was hoping to of had it done by now but the spraying is taking a lot longer than expected.

• Like 2

Glad it was useful, as you say not that hard but a bit fiddly at times

• 3 years later...

I too would like to know how to remove the bumper , It seems there are several parts latched together ( grill / bumper/ sub bumper )  , My Mondeo  was previously a CAT N and repaired . Its apparent the front bumper was replaced , however the front bumper grills and trim are coming loose/apart after some months of ownership .. 

Ideally I would like to check pages in a service/ or assembly manual . I may need to due some gluing and/or plastic welding . Its a 2014 Graphite  model

• 2 months later...

What are the plastic fixings call that connect the front bumper to the wing on a mk4 mondeo? I need to replace one as the thread is spinning with the bolt

• 9 months later...

Hi there I am having problems with the 2 bolts just spinning and not undoing. How did you eventually get them out? Thanks for any help or advice 

• 7 months later...

I've just changed my bumper but I'm having issues getting to the 2 bolts connecting the wing and bumper on both sides I can't tighten them at all as not enough room any tips 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club