Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner In The Making

mills705

I curently own a 1.4 8v grande punto 58 plate- trading that in and getting a 63 plate panther black 1 litre ecoboost zetec.

I think I scored with the car- its been owned by an older bloke for his shopping runs and only has a few thousand on it. He is getting a new car so trading his in. I am yet to see it though.

All I know is that it is a zetec spec- no other info was given.

I test drove a 15plate titanium and apart from the air con being manual, no cruise control and no arm rest and slight outside details what else is different? Does the zetec have the start/ stop feature? It was on the car I think but it was not on when I test drove it? bottom left of the console where it looks like 3 buttons should go?

Off the top of my head, there is a few differences that I am sure about, but, you can download a pdf brochure for the Fiesta here... http://www.ford.co.uk/Hidden/BrochuresandPricelists

I was going to buy a Zetec but got the dealer to search-out a Titanium, He found one in Frozen White, that had a 'City Pack' and 'Convenience Pack' added on, which gave me key-less entry/ignition and parking sensors and some nice alloys. I am much happier with the Titanium's little extras. The Titanium cost me roughly a grand more than the Zetec.

• Like 1

Thanks for that- all the ones ive seen online have the start/ stop feature but it appears to be an option?

Im really looking forward to getting it and seeing it. Ive emailed the dealer to see if i can see the spec sheet

If you get the registration of it, you should be able to look up most of the spec on Ford Etis.

Ah champion- just googled that. I will have a look tonight when I get in and can see the reg number on my order form. As I do not have that to hand at present

Just looked- guess i need to register in order to get the option for veh reg as I only have vin at present

Just registered and got the reg number option- will look tonight when I get in.

Start stop option appears on quite alot of the ecoboosts from around the time of mine being made so got my fingers crossed as I do like the idea of it!

edit- going to have to ring the garage- just got the other half to text me the registration. created an account and its coming up with 1.0L Duratec 75/80PS in the info box of the car, not what I was told I was getting. hmmm Im going to call them and see what it says

update- Spoken to the garage and they confirmed it is the 1.0 80ps version :(

I was looking at a 100ps, spoke to a salesman and test drove their demonstrator which was also 100ps. Advised him I wanted one and told him my budget (used) we looked on their system and found that there was one in Penrith that was for sale and available in my price range. He went and spoke to his manager. Who advised that there may be another one available as someone was going to trade their old one in and it only had a few thousand on the clock. Brilliant I thought. I went away to speak to my dad about the car and he said it was great. I popped back in the day after to arrange it. I paid 100 deposit to secure the vehicle. However I am a curious person and I have now established that it is a different vehicle to the one that we looked at and were investigating. the bloke that sold me the car is off today- so will be speaking to him tomorrow and letting him know where he can put his car!

The 80PS is not even an ecoboost.

No turbo, it will be gutless :(

• Like 1

I thought so- salesman= liars.

Any advice on how to approach this then? I paid them 100quid to reserve the car and can cancel it at anytime. So I am thinking of doing that as I do not want to deal with them anymore.

Just go in and ask for your deposit back as it was not the car they lead you to believe it was.

Done.

Cheers- ill be doing that tomorrow. might see if i can get a deal on the other one now as that one is the car I want!

I don't know what your budget is but you should get something if you look around and be patient. I worked with a bloke earlier this year who got a late 2010 reg 1.4 Zetec in Red, alloys, bluetooth and all that but not stop-start. It had 30,000 on the clock and cost him £7000. Have you tried Ford's approved used car search? Nice one in Frozen White here, for just under £7000...

http://www.ford.co.uk/Approved-used-cars?eUsedCmd=vehicleDetail&vid=2939059&dealer=82214AA&id=3

unfortunately thats out of my price range!

My son in law just got a zetec with 16 alloys and metallic paint for £150 pm with £500 deposit ...

My son in law just got a zetec with 16 alloys and metallic paint for £150 pm with £500 deposit ...

Ford dealer gave me £2400 for my 58 plate Clio Dynamique (65,000 miles)...good condition but work needed. I got a full tank of petrol, free AA Homestart cover for three years and a good deal on three years servicing for £184 per month and £10 per month for the service cover. The car itself was £15,000.

I don't think you can even get an ecoboost in zetec trim can you?

Ecoboosts do come in Zetec trim and all the 3 cylinder Fiestas have stop/start which you either love or hate.Just read the 3 cylinder non turbo has not got the D M flywheel,one less thing to go wrong.

You're right, just looked on the website. Can't get 125bhp ecoboost but can get 100 in zetec

The car I am looking at is a couple of years old.

I went in specifically looking at a 100 ps. So have no idea why they have even offered me this car. I'm calling the dealership up at 9am to see what the salesman says.

The paperwork or order form from the garage just says 998cc zetec

I have an ecoboost in the Zetec trim. Yes, it has stop/start but I spend so much of my work commute in traffic and crawling along slowly, that I switch it off. If I know I'm going to be sitting for longer than 10 seconds for example, I will push the button and use it, but otherwise it's just switched off as a matter of course when I start up my car.

I absolutely LOVE the ecoboost engine and I went from a 1.25 82ps. I could not believe the difference when I first took it out. I didn't even test drive one first. I had researched a bit and when I went to the garage I saw the Candy Blue model sitting there and I asked where could I sign !!!!

Stick to your guns. If you want an ecoboost model then go for it. The difference in the 2 is night and day, trust me, and you will just adore the turbo !! :)

I just got a 13reg zetec ecoboost 100 with 30.000 miles for 7000 at a ford dealership so they are out there

• Like 1

rang them up- they have admitted making a mistake and are currently rectifying the situation. Spotted a white 100 ps ecoboost zetec for the same dosh and miles and they are currently trying to secure the car for me.

Its in Scotland and apparantly someone was interested in the car so they have to let them have a go at it, if not then it is mine. I asked if there was something they could do to recompense the inconvenience and they are giving me some fuel and free mats. So long as this deal goes through I will be a happy camper again!

• Like 1

Got it sorted-

sourced a 13 plate with 13,000 on it for my budget in silver. Be over here in 7-10 days :)

• Like 1