Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Sill Plates

Thinking about getting some plates for the door sills on my car. Was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with aftermarket ones, like any moisture sitting under them and rusting etc. I might just be being a little ott.

I had no problems with mine on my ZS. But I only had it for about a year.

Not looked under mine, but they are excellent. No issues with them whatsoever. I forget that my car didn't actually come with them!

Are these the type attached with adhesive or screwed onto the sill?

I was thinking about getting some for mine but the thought crossed my mind that water would seep under them it they were only held on with adhesive and may end up coming loose and looking scruffy.

Yeah the only worry I've had is water sitting under aswell. It's probably something that doesn't happen all to often but I think I'll just leave them off and be extra careful getting in and out

As the main driver, I'm always careful not to catch the sills, it's other people I have to worry about, as they just seem to enjoy scraping their shoes and boots over the sills and then the trim. My wife's high heels should carry a scuff warning. The other thing that winds me up is when a passenger undoes their seatbelt and lets it fly back, clattering into the window or the side trim.

• Like 1

I warn everyone that gets in my car, although I did take a girl out once that swung my door open, luckily it didn't hit anything but needless to say I didn't take her out again haha

^ reasons like this is why i warn my passengers the airbag can be disabled when i need it disabled

you may think this is cruel, but i still have the blue aluminium protectors still intact. 2400 miles and counting...