Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.3 Duratec Engine Parts

peterdee

recently purchased Ka 2003 with a small misfire; stripped engine and found piston rings gummed up. Now I can't find new crank bearings or big end bolts. Ford don't list the parts, just want to sell me a short engine. Anyone encountered this problem? Is there a solution? Seems ridiculous to strip engine and put back old shells, and Haynes says use new bolts.

recently purchased Ka 2003 with a small misfire; stripped engine and found piston rings gummed up. Now I can't find new crank bearings or big end bolts. Ford don't list the parts, just want to sell me a short engine. Anyone encountered this problem? Is there a solution? Seems ridiculous to strip engine and put back old shells, and Haynes says use new bolts.

Most engines now are deemed to be throw away. Many manufactures wont sell any bottom end parts (rings, bearings etc) or give any torque specs as they say once disturbed they are for the bin.

That should not stop the after market people from supplying bits?

That should not stop the after market people from supplying bits?

It doesnt in some cases. The problem is sometimes is that they dont release specs so you have no idea what you are actually tightening important bolts up to.

I can work out how much to tighten the bolts; it's the actual bearings and bolts I need to get hold of. Both Shell bearings and bolts will have been manufactured by somebody for Ford. Who?

have a look on the bearing as there is usually a name or initials of the manufacturere and the size will be on there aswell

this is a good make

http://www.skf.com/caribbean/products/bearings-units-housings/spherical-plain-bearings-bushings-rod-ends/radial-spherical-plain-bearings-requiring-maintenance/sealed-bearings/index.html

as for the bolts just reuse the old ones as haynes manual tells you to replace them on almost every job they do.

I would recomend replacing the conrod bolts if you can get them as there 1 use stretch bolts, 4nm then 90 degrees.

You can get shells and bolts from ford, bolts are 2.48 each, shells are silly money from ford though.

My dealer says neither shells, nor bolts, are listed for the Duratec 1.3; just an assembley; in this case a short engine.

They not looking then. Tell them to look for part no 6174316.