Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats It Worth - Mk6 Fiesta 1.4 Lx [ac]

TomsFocus

Hi all,

So I'm trying to sell the above car and had very little interest for what I thought was quite a sought after car. In 2 weeks I've had 4 messages about it and only one viewing, so wondering if I've over priced it. I won't state what I've priced it at as I don't want to sway you lol, what do you reckon it's worth?

2002 5 door light blue

Low mileage - 92k

Full years MOT no advisories

Working AC

Full service history and just completed a full service with genuine parts

New brake pads and discs

Valletted inside and out, no major body or interior faults

No engine/electrical faults that I know of

Electric windows, mirrors, heated screen, CD player, working boot popper...you probably know fiesta specs better than I do!

So whats it worth?

Cheers

Tom

Being an LX model (basic) that lowers its value, and desirability. I waited for a month with no car because the only one I could afford was an LX. Yeah, I only got a Flame, but I managed to spec it up with parts from my old car.

Pretty sure it goes

Finesse

LX (finnesse + central locking)

Zetec

Flame - can be the same as zetec or specced up

*Zetec S*

Ghia - full to the brim with features

*ST*

Also, which style Speedo does it have? The old old style (greeny kind of colour) tends to put people off too.

I'd say 1100ish private sale? Maybe even slightly less

As I paid £1070 for my first 1.4 flame 5 door with 115k on the clock.

I then paid £1500 for my second 1.4 5 door flame with 85k on the clock.

I can give you exact specs for the two cars when I bought them if you need them to come up with a reasonable price :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It is 'only' an LX but I was surprised with the spec it's got, so purposely didn't write the letters LX in my ad title, maybe a bit cheeky I guess but did list the spec in the ad.

But as I say electric windows and mirrors, remote central locking, leather steering wheel, heated front screen, CD player, air con and probably more. Only things it's missing seem to be alloys and leathers compared to higher spec models?

I must admit I'm a bit of a spec snob lol, and always go for a top comfort spec model for a 'keeper', hence my Titanium X Focus lol.

I thought £1100 was a reasonable price as well, and would accept £1000 if it was offered. The only offer was considerably lower than that though!

Also I didn't know about the different clocks, being an early Mk6 I assume it's the older style clocks!

• Like 1

Have you got a picture of your clocks? There's two styles of clocks offered on the Prefacelift. Then one on the facelift. Obviously ones with different rev ranges too

I Didn't mean the only LX in a funny way either :p

It's the plastic, unpainted parts of the bumper that put some people off. But that'd also a selling point. It's great for nervous drivers or those who struggle to park as there's less paint to worry about.

• Like 1

Where have you been advertising? Try Grizza Trading, Gumtree, autotrader, eBay & the local for sale groups

• Like 1

Tried eBay and gumtree and linked to facebook. Not sure if I'm allowed to link the ad on here but theres a pic of the clocks on there, priced a little high maybe but was expecting people to make sensible offers - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261997747552?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Hadn't really thought about bumpers, yeah they're pretty awful looking haha. No offense taken by the 'LX' btw, I saw it as 'only an LX' before buying as well lol, I've seen how poorly specced some other cars 'LX' is!

• Like 1

Exactly.. Ford are quite generous with the LX compared to some.. haha!

They are the old style clocks, also, it's a light coloured interior isn't it? Or is it the pictures?

It looks tidy to be honest

Do all fiestas come with leather steering wheels? I've been wondering that for a while! Wonder if the finnesse has it

The descriptions very descriptive, and the pictures show pretty much everything you'd want to see before deciding to view the car in person.

I'd try it at 1100 or maybe 1050 and see how it goes :)

I had it whilst selling the bike prior to buying the first car, went for a month or two without any offers. Then about 10 people called within a couple of days! :)

Good luck with the sale!

Yeah it is a light interior which may put people off I guess, it's clean though, not covered in stains or anything.

I don't know if they all come with a leather wheel, I'd be quite surprised if they did as I'm more used to Peugeots where the majority of their models got horrible plastic rubber wheels lol, even the sport spec ones!

I've sold plenty of cars (around 20 I think!) but always struggle selling them. Gotta decide whether to put this up for another buy it now with lower price or to try it on auction instead. Hmm, decisions!

• Like 1

I'll keep my eye out for finnesse's for now.. would be interesting to know about the steering wheels...

Your call! I'd try 1100 or 1k. If it doesn't sell, auction with 950reserve

• Like 1

Well, tried a 950 auction and still no interest, didn't sell...

Might have to raffle it at this rate.... :lol:

Well, tried a 950 auction and still no interest, didn't sell...

Might have to raffle it at this rate.... :lol:

I'll you give a 20p mix up and a bottle of coke lol, I would price it around 800-900 due to the mileage and the spec, 92K for a car of that age is low but I paid £1200 for mine with 68k. At the end of the day its up to you. Good luck with the sale buddy.

• Like 1

I don't like coke...make it a sparkling water and I'll think about it. ;)

Seriously though, it's not up to me, it's up to potential buyers as to how much they're willing to spend lol. Priced at £800 and expecting offers wouldn't be far off what it owes me unfortunately, I was hoping for a little profit ideally. Thinking about sticking it on a 3 day auction, 99p no reserve, to end on Sunday night when most people are at home drunkenly bidding on eBay. :lol: Not sure I have the guts to try that though...hmm...

• Like 2