Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 Mk6 Induction Kit / Cone Filter Question

ADSiKE

Hi guys, first time posting on here but i have something to ask, my mrs has a 1.4 Fiesta mk6 and she likes to give the car the odd blips so I mentioned fitting a new air filter for her!

So I went to the Breakers Yard today and managed to get a long hose for a breather filter if needed to put it somewhere where the whole oil going all over your engine wont matter so much however what i wanted to ask is.

Just to make the engine in my eyes look a bit cleaner would it be possible to remove the airfilter from the air box but leave the airbox on and put a cone filter on where the current stock cold air intake is then use a breather filter as they will not be a filter inside the airbox at all,

or option two is the more "normal" way of fitting on with the airbox removed and and standard pipe going across to where the old intake was. I managed to get two more pipes from the yard from the same year fiesta's but i just don't think it'll look clean. So looking to do the first option if possible!

Cheers guys!

If you put a cone filter on the stock air box people will assume you've still got a filter in there.. so they'll think you have no idea what you're doing. Yes, it would work.. but it'd just be unneccessary.

I'm currently looking into getting some nice stainless engine covers made for the 1.4 so you could always order one of those once in production. Looking about £45 each, made by another company.

Yes, the first option would work, and you'd retain the Intake Resonators in the air box.. but I would go down the first route personally

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I would recommend sticking with the stock air filter, I was using a pipercross induction kit and it did make the sound I was after at the time but the car just wasn't as responsive. If its sound and looks you are after then doing what you said would improve it but is the loss of performance worth it?

• Like 1

Okay so, I should go with the more normal route of taking the airbox out and either putting the cone on the pipe and run a cold intake to the cone or use extensions to run the cone to where the old intake was, also the other pipes i got are the same as the one that goes into the airbox (the ones on the left) managed to get two of the fiesta's at the breakers yard these would be okay to run to the old intake right, for cold air, if that makes sense.

Cheers guys!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club