Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion Radio Interchangeable?

john j

Hello members, I have a 2005 Fusion that had a 4500 radio/cd. As this unit had no aux in I started using a fm transmitter which used to suffer from interference in certain areas. So I installed a Kenwood radio that had inputs. The thing is that I dont think it sounds as good as the original 4500 unit. I have ordered a Ford 6000 unit that is fitted to later Fusions as this has an audio input. Has anybody out there done this and if so, will the 6000 fit into the space on the facia vacated by the 4500 or will the facia have to be changed to accommodate the 6000?

If you mean this type of radio-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181827652485&alt=web

- then it is a direct swap.

If you mean this type-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181827732030&alt=web

-then it won't fit, it has a totally different style of connectors and will not fit the car at all.

Both are a 6000 radio which can cause confusion.

Yes you are absolutely right. My only hope is that the wiring adapter that came wirh the Kenwood will fit the 6000.

Thanks for info.

• 3 weeks later...

the kenwood wire will not fit the 6000 that is in that picture, the 6000 is a can-bus radio & will not work. i took my 4500 radio cd out.

I put a xtrons td699 im my fusion all works off the steering control, very nice unit for the price only 1 problem i have with it is the bluetooth only puts number on screen & not whats saved on phone lol.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTRONS-Double-DIN-Car-Stereo-DVD-Player-GPS-Navigation-DVB-T-Freeview-Digital-TV-/171754244717?hash=item27fd59ca6d

I thought about changing my 4500 radio, but the Fusion is so noisy at motorway speeds that unless it is blaring you can barely hear it anyway, so decided not to bother!

Thanks for your reply Leesid,

dont think I could afford an Xtrons. Since my last post I have discovered a Volkswagon wiring adaptor that allow me to fit the 6000.

Thanks also for reply fusionfan2,

I agree with you about the noise issue. I only listen to mine when parked!

so you'll have a quadlock to iso from a vw you'll have to check the position of wires as it might be different i'll check @ work see if we got both wiring diagrams for both plugs. :-)

Thats great thanks. I'm still getting used to using this forum. I wanted to send you a link to see a picture of the lead on eBay but there doesn't see to be an option when replying to you through this Ford owners website. I have got the item number though its

390 961 553 298

my advice would be to buy this plug off eBay 400560875379 you need the plug on the right side so chop off the left plug. it will plug straight into the plug you have & will work npz. plug the plug into the radio & where the image im posting says can+ can- join the wires together it should work thats how we have 1 set up on a test bench. hope this helpsQuadlocklayout110913owndoc.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again Leesid, cant quite see can+ and can- on the image u sent me. When u say join the wires together, where exactly do they have to be joined?

there the 2 dark purple ones can+ top can- underneath & yeah just join them together we had 1 on our test bench & it worked. pic underneath

Hi again Leesid, do you mean snip the wires away from the main plug that plugs into radio and join them?

Hi again Leesid, do you mean snip the wires away from the main plug that plugs into radio and join them?

join them together

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club