Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

It really depends on your budget. Basics are listed on the first page, just depends how much you wanna spend and how offen you want to clean your car

I've just ordered a test pot of Dodo juice, so i'm hoping for good results from that :lol:

It really depends on your budget. Basics are listed on the first page, just depends how much you wanna spend and how offen you want to clean your car

I've just ordered a test pot of Dodo juice, so i'm hoping for good results from that :lol:

What tester did you go for?

I know this has been asked before in the first post but wanted to see if anyone has an updated version from 2009.

I'm getting my new fiesta in a few weeks and will obviously want to keep it clean and I'm looking into purchasing all the products I'd need to keep it that way..

I'm a complete novice when it comes to cleaning cars and have no idea how to go about it with all the techniques and that and I wanted to get all the kit I'd need for it.

So what are the best products to get?

Thanks

The essentials to get you started are:

2 Buckets

2 Wash mitts

1 Shampoo

1 Drying Towel

1 Hand Polish

1 Hard Wax/Sealant

1 Quick Detailer

A few microfiber cloths

Few applicators

You could then add in your wheel cleaners, glass cleaners, glazes, tyre gel etc etc

I would expect the above list to be near enough £100 though. At the very least buy the buckets, wash mitts, shampoo and towel.

The essentials to get you started are:

2 Buckets

2 Wash mitts

1 Shampoo

1 Drying Towel

1 Hand Polish

1 Hard Wax/Sealant

1 Quick Detailer

A few microfiber cloths

Few applicators

You could then add in your wheel cleaners, glass cleaners, glazes, tyre gel etc etc

I would expect the above list to be near enough £100 though. At the very least buy the buckets, wash mitts, shampoo and towel.

Thanks for the reply mate :)

Can you recommend any decent brands for them? if the colour of the car affects what I get its Vision Blue

Thanks Again

Thanks for the reply mate :)

Can you recommend any decent brands for them? if the colour of the car affects what I get its Vision Blue

Thanks Again

2 Buckets - Any buckets do really, clear ones help a bit better to see of the water is dirty etc

2 Wash mitts - would get Meguiars Microfiber Wash Mitt - HERE

1 Shampoo - A very good shampoo is Dodo Juice Born To be Mild, slightly expensive but goes a long way HERE

1 Drying Towel - I personally use the following and find it very good, there is a massive choice of towels to use though HERE

1 Hand Polish - Autoglymm Super Resin Polish. Brilliant polish to use by hand - HERE

1 Hard Wax/Sealant - If you were to choose one i would go for Dodo Juice Blue Velvet, you can get a panel pot which will last a while is used correctly or can splash out on the full size. HEREand HERE

1 Quick Detailer - There are numerous QD's out there, i think to keep everything from the one site i would recommend Dodo Red Mist. Its more of a sealant spray and will top up the protection. HERE

You also get a 7.5% discount on the site using the forum code - I4D123456

If you go for the panel Pot of wax and apply the discount all of the above comes to £41 excluding postage. A very nice started pack to keep you busy until the bug bites and you spend 100's :lol:

Thanks for that mate!

I'll be purchasing all of that when it gets closer to the time..I'm sure I will get the bug too :) dont really know what I would need to do with it all techinque wise but I'm sure it'll just be practice makes perfect :)

Don't suppose you can recommend any decent interior shampoo for cloth seats? Need to give the ones in my current car a clean before I sell it..

Cheers again :)

2 Buckets - Any buckets do really, clear ones help a bit better to see of the water is dirty etc

2 Wash mitts - would get Meguiars Microfiber Wash Mitt - HERE

1 Shampoo - A very good shampoo is Dodo Juice Born To be Mild, slightly expensive but goes a long way HERE

1 Drying Towel - I personally use the following and find it very good, there is a massive choice of towels to use though HERE

1 Hand Polish - Autoglymm Super Resin Polish. Brilliant polish to use by hand - HERE

1 Hard Wax/Sealant - If you were to choose one i would go for Dodo Juice Blue Velvet, you can get a panel pot which will last a while is used correctly or can splash out on the full size. HEREand HERE

1 Quick Detailer - There are numerous QD's out there, i think to keep everything from the one site i would recommend Dodo Red Mist. Its more of a sealant spray and will top up the protection. HERE

You also get a 7.5% discount on the site using the forum code - I4D123456

If you go for the panel Pot of wax and apply the discount all of the above comes to £41 excluding postage. A very nice started pack to keep you busy until the bug bites and you spend 100's :lol:

You really get all that for about £50 with teh discount code (factoring in Postage?)

Seem to have missed the SRP of the list when adding up :lol: Make that about £50 minus postage. Bear in mind its only a panel pot i priced on aswell :P

Sorry mate, not really clued up on interior cleaners

Still not a bad price for what you get though :)

How much would that panel pot do? Is it just one panel like the name suggests or is it more?

And I noticed that thePanel Pot says for dark metallic paints..does Vision Blue come under that? :unsure:

Bit od a guess but yes..damn now im going to end up the colour charged diamond white, this is why I dont come into this thread!

What tester did you go for?

Was called purple haze i think :lol: didn't want the hard wax, so went for a soft one

When i tried to open the pot this morning, i almost broke my arm in trying to unscrew the lid! :lol:

Whats the difference in the soft wax and hard wax in the Dodo waxes?

To be honest, the whole colour charging thing is just a bit of a gimmick i think. I own 9 panel pots :ph34r: and the differences are very slight.

The difference between a soft and hard wax ... well, i think soft waxes are easier to apply by hand as the wax melts onto your fingers for ease of use. They are also a lot more oily and i think give a better depth to the paint. Hard waxes however, are easier to apply in the sense of avoiding product wastage and i believe give a little longer durability than a soft wax.

A panel pot will easily cover your whole car 4 or 5 times. Maybe as much as double that if used thinly and correctly.

Think Ill go for a panel pot with soft for white, tho looking at that website not sure if I can choose the colour.

I highly recommend Purple Haze on white paint - firstly it gives great results and secondly being able to see the purple makes application much more straightforward.

Thanks Dan..ill jsut go for that in a Panel Tub to see what its like, think should get a few coats from it at least!

I've found a good shampoo which don't strip any wax from the car, and Halfords sell it. It's Zymol natural car wash. Costs £6.99, and its great! Far better than anything else i've used.

Afternoon all.

Just finished giving my tardis a once over, my method was:-

Rinse with water

Mitt wash with meguires gold class

Rinse off

Dry with water magnet

2 layers of poorboys black hole glaze

2 layers of poorboys natty paste wax

Tires conditioned with poorboys

Trim done with meguires trim black

Rain X on windows

No interior clean this time as I did it only a week ago!

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0397.jpg

More pics later :)

For anybody who is unsure of using Dodo Juice, it really is the best wax i've ever used! Also like the finger mitts they do :lol: makes applying wax very easy! Method we used today was clay bar the whole car, then go over with a fine coating of Purple haze. The shine is like nothing i've seen before - and this was on the parents car. :)

Forget any other wax company, just use Dodo Juice - expensive yes, but worth it

I've found a good shampoo which don't strip any wax from the car, and halfords sell it. It's Zymol natural car wash. Costs £6.99, and its great! Far better than anything else i've used.

Just picked up a bottle of this, has a great smell, now just need a few more bits and I'll be able to give my new to me Fiesta a nice wash and wax.

Plan is to give it a good clean and wax a couple of times a year and a regular wash & dry with maybe quick detailer application.

For anybody who is unsure of using Dodo Juice, it really is the best wax i've ever used! Also like the finger mitts they do :lol: makes applying wax very easy! Method we used today was clay bar the whole car, then go over with a fine coating of Purple haze. The shine is like nothing i've seen before - and this was on the parents car. :)

Forget any other wax company, just use Dodo Juice - expensive yes, but worth it

Errr, I think Swissvax and a few others would disagree here ;)

Wait until you get a tub of Best of Show - it's even better.

Errr, I think Swissvax and a few others would disagree here ;)

Wait until you get a tub of Best of Show - it's even better.

There is no way im paying £160 for that wax!!! I don't care how good it is, can stay on the shelf at that price :lol:

I've noticed they do a wax for almost £600...think i'll pass :)

A small Paraphrase of Mark M.K. over the time I've known him...

"The Zetec is plenty enough for me. Anyone who buys a Titanium is a muppet for spending that much on a Fiesta."

Cue - Mark buys a Titanium with all the toys.

"clay kits are dangerous and a waste of time."

Cue - Marks starts claying and realises the benefits.

"Dodo Juice are overpriced and can't possibly be worth it."

Cue - Mark buys Purple Haze and loves it.

"£160 for a wax? You must be joking!"

Cue - ?

:lol: ;)

:lol: that may be the case, but really - im not spending that much on a small pot of wax. Still not sure if i wanna pay £30 for dodo juice yet :P