Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

:lol: That really is a silly price to pay. Atleast you get a free refill for life.. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm not sure where to put this, so i'll try it here.

I'm having a mini clear out of my detailing products. Grab yourself a bargin :) I have the following:

1 X 50g clay bar - unopened £5 delivered

1 X 1 litre Auto Glym Ultra Deap Shine - hardly used, so around 90% full. £12 delivered

1 X 325ml Auto Glym Metal Polish - hardly used, around 95% full. £5 delivered

1 X 500ml Auto Glym Extra gloss protection, around 60-70% full £7 delivered

I also have 2 Auto Glym alloy wheel sealent, this is in a spray can, £5 for both.

If anybody who wants them lives local to Milton Keynes, you can have the lot for £20

I accept Paypal, or cash in person. PM me for more details.

Could have told me Mark before I went to Halfords on Saturday.... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever snowfoamed the engine bay of the mk7 yet? i want to but im unsure!

thanks

shaun

Hi all,

I was looking at some OZ rims and they are ET 25. Should they fit the mk7? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever snowfoamed the engine bay of the mk7 yet? i want to but im unsure!

thanks

shaun

Yes. Just be cautious. Obviously don't spray directly at any wiring connections or looms

thanks

shaun

I have to ask why you want to do this - the point of snowfoam is to dwell and pull dirt downwards under the force of gravity.

As the engine bay is flat, you're not going to get that affect, you're better off getting in there with brushes and an APC, followed by a rinse with an open hose and then a protection product such as Aerospace 303.

snow foam just seems a waste of product to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the purpose of snowfoam was to soften and loosen the dirt, by trapping a layer of moisture, much like you'd soak a stubborn stain on a dish.

Gravity plays no part in it.

Gravity plays every part in it. If you want to soften dirt, use a prewash - ValetPro Orange for example. The whole point of snow foam is that its suds are huge and thick - so they gradually leave the car and take dirt with them.

Lots of people think their mixture is too thin, because after a good 20 minute dwell it's nearly all gone - this is the whole point. When you come to rinse snow foam, you should find most of it on the ground at the base of your car - and if it's done its job the suds will be full of dirt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, my new car arrives on Monday and I just had a few questions regarding getting a new car ready for the winter. I've only ever detailed second hand cars so wasn't sure if there is anything different to do when starting with brand new paint.

I was going to clay it to get rid of any protection that Ford may have applied. But after, I'm not so sure. Normally I would polish, seal and the glaze to hide any swiss etc before waxing. However, on a new car, I wasnt sure if there was any point in using a glaze.

I already have shampoo, clay, AG SRP and EGP but need to get some products for light coloured cars. Was planning to use Poorboys stuff as I've always had good results with it in the past and it seems to be good value for money.

Cheers for any help.

hi there

picking new car up Friday,what do i need to keep it in reasonable condition from new as this is my first ever brand new car.so what polish,wax ,wash,mitt ,drying cloth,polishing application do i need as i have seen the stuff in halfrauds the American stuff is it any good and can some 1 list what i require please.

Congrats,How much did you pay for your new car?

Hi guys, my new car arrives on Monday and I just had a few questions regarding getting a new car ready for the winter. I've only ever detailed second hand cars so wasn't sure if there is anything different to do when starting with brand new paint.

I was going to clay it to get rid of any protection that Ford may have applied. But after, I'm not so sure. Normally I would polish, seal and the glaze to hide any swiss etc before waxing. However, on a new car, I wasnt sure if there was any point in using a glaze.

I already have shampoo, clay, AG SRP and EGP but need to get some products for light coloured cars. Was planning to use Poorboys stuff as I've always had good results with it in the past and it seems to be good value for money.

Cheers for any help.

I would defiantly clay. You will be very surprised at the amount of rubbish the bar will pick up on a new car. If you plan on using Poorboys, there glaze, i think its Diamond White is very good. As is there glaze for dark cars. I think you could possibly miss out either of the SRP or Glaze though. If your looking to mask swirls then SRP is an excellent filler.

hello

Ive just got myself some dodo red mist tropical detailer spray for my white mk7 , i always use dodo BTBM shampoo but thought i would try the red mist as well after ive washed the car.

Is it ok to use red mist as a quick detailer or do i need to wax my car as well?

Ive always been under the impression that red mist spray is a quicker way instead of using wax if one has not always got the time to wax??

IF its ok to use as a lone product when the car is clean ,is it a case of just spraying on and wiping over with a microfibre cloth?

cheers

mitch

I wouldn't use it alone - if you're short on time use Need for Speed and top that with Red Mist.

There is some protection value in Red Mist, but really only as a topper.

thanks Dan

Ive already gone an ordered red mist now :unsure: , i always thought this would be ok for a quick shine after a wash.

You will get around one month of protection from Red mist. But it is mainly used for a top coat sealent.

I would defiantly clay. You will be very surprised at the amount of rubbish the bar will pick up on a new car. If you plan on using Poorboys, there glaze, i think its Diamond White is very good. As is there glaze for dark cars. I think you could possibly miss out either of the SRP or Glaze though. If your looking to mask swirls then SRP is an excellent filler.

The car was delivered yesterday; I gave it a quick wash last night was amazed how much stuff is on the paintwork already so I will definitely be claying it this weekend before I wax it. I have just ordered some Dodo Juice Purple Haze, Bilberry's wheel cleaner, Poorboys wheel sealant and a new drying towel to top up my ever growing detailing box. Hopefully the nice weather will hold out till the weekend so I can get stuck into it on Sunday.

hi

thanks for the reply s about red mist , i actually emailed dodo juice about the product and below is a bit from the email

It is actually better to use it as a standalone product after washing, than after wax. It is effectively a spray wax (technically a spray sealant) so it can interfere with fresh waxes or sealants. Hence why best used INSTEAD of a wax, or as a post-wash protectant.

Well - Dodo know their products better than me, that's for sure.

I am confused as to why if it's better to use it without wax - their pro waxes contain many of the ingredients from Red Mist.

If you're after a stand alone spray, for me I'd be using Duragloss Aquawax, but I should also say that I'm allergic to Red Mist, it irritates my skin.

Hi

Well ive got Red mist tropical now so when i next wash my car i will test it out, i will post back with the results.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

They did say 'fresh' wax, so perhaps they assumed it was going on straight after as opposed to waiting a few hours

When i asked Dodo about applying Red Mist, they told me to try and allow 24 hours between wax and red mist. But it can be applied after 2-3 hours if you are short of time. Just dont apply it right after waxing as it will take it clean off again.

Mother's car care products must not be available in the UK, but here in the States, I swear by their cleaner/polish/carnuba was trio. They also have something call Showtime Instant Detailer that's great for sprucing up the slickness of a recent wax job.

Christ, the paint on Fords is awful.

Orange peel and super soft.

Spent all weekend and half of Friday getting the Fiesta ready for winter. All wheels off, cleaned front and back, polished and two coats of Collinite 476 and wheel wells cleaned and protected.

Snow foamed, washed, rinsed, clayed, washed, rinsed, tardis, washed, rinse, Iron X, washed, rinsed.

Engine bay, cleaned and protected the plastics.

Then the fun bit (not!!!) Masked the whole car then got to it with Porter Cable with swirl buster 6" pad and a 4" sonus cutting pad and Menzerna Intensive Polish to get rid of all the swirls, micro scratches that the stupidly soft lacquer seems to attract. Only good point about it being soft is it's easier to clear the scratched. A coat of Meguairs #7 Show Glaze and then finished off with Collinite 476 with 2 coats to roof and bonnet. (pretty much had enough by then).

Done all the plastics, grille, diffuser, mirror housings, trim and splitter with Black Wow.

Absolutely knackered and back to work this morning at 6 and doesn't feel like I've had a weekend off.

Must say though, the car looked immaculate, lovely shine and reflections that are only spoiled by the orange peel and much better than when it was delivered 2 and a half years ago, non of the dealer monkey scratches on it now. trouble is, will be filthy again in 2 weeks.

22 micro fibres, 4 Terry towels, 2 drying towls,5 application sponges left on the line to try and dry out as it was raining this morning when I got up but at least the Fiesta was beading lovely and I'm impressed with the Black Wow on the trim, that beads lovely too. B)

Only got to do my BMW with it's notoriously hard paint this weekend (weather permitting) then that's it, all ready for the winter.