Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

cheers now it means having to shop on 2 sites lol and have to pay postage for the wheel cleaner grrrrrrrrrrrr :rolleyes::unsure::angry:

Ok since i am expecting Mr Ford stork to deliver my baby by the end of the month i have ordered the following, going to practise on the Yaris first.

The Wookie's Fist (i need to brush this before use, grass seeds. what was chewy doing to him self)

Dodo Juice 'Supernatural' Carnauba Wax Plastic Pot

Dodo Juice 'Born Slippy

Dodo Juice Gentle Grey Paint- putty

Dodo Juice 'Lime Prime Lite'-

Meguiar's Grit Guard

Dodo Juice Red Mist Spray

Supernatural microfibre Drying Towel

Blue Roo Pouched Polish Applicator

Did I miss anything? I know I haven't got anything for the tyres.

erm looks pretty good to me.

i would get lots of applicators and microfibres and something for your wheels and glass.

ideally get some poorboys wheel sealent to help protect the wheels :)

S Spec - I agree with Greeny. Orange Crush is lovely stuff, but I only ever put soft wax over hard wax, so get that first. Hard Candy is BRILLIANT.

Bilberry is worth paying the extra for. Autoglym Custom Wheel cleaner is an alternative but it's simply not as good. Don't forget you'll need a chemical resistant sprayer and bottle to use Bilberry - straight out of the bottle undiluted it's too strong for all but the most thorough soiling.

Don't spend £8.95 on every microfibre you buy. I have a plush one for Red Mist and another for removing wax, but other than that I have cheap Halfords/pound shop jobs.

Chris - if you're going to the trouble of buying a grit guard, you should also use the two bucket method, so I suggest you get two.

Blue Roo is ok, but it's a fabric pad. These tend to be better with liquids, foam pads are better for hard waxes like Supernatural.

On the clay front, I find Sonus green bars are better value for money.

Greeny and I seem to buy plenty of the same stuff - Poorboys wheel sealant is indeed the mutt's nuts, stuff just falls off after three coats.

Thanks for that.

I am going to use the two bucket method, but wasn't keen on spending an extra £20 on a second grit guard bucket, i was going to try the grit guard on my normal bucket to see if it fits.

I am wondering if i got the right shampoo?

I will order some foam pads when i order the poorboys wheel sealent.

What did you get Chris for shampoo? I'm in the Chatzy room if you want any help...

woop woop all my new stuff has come

IMG_0016.jpg

time for a clean :lol:

What's the sponge for Greeny? I thought we don't do sponges?!

halfrauds and petrol station sponges are a big no no because of the silicone added to it.

this is a zymol sponge, iv used a microfibre mitt and a lambs wool mitt so i thought i would try the other most used method of a zymol sponge to see which one i prefer :lol: i will report back with my findings and pictures after my detail on friday afternoon

:)

halfrauds and petrol station sponges are a big no no because of the silicone added to it.

this is a zymol sponge, iv used a microfibre mitt and a lambs wool mitt so i thought i would try the other most used method of a zymol sponge to see which one i prefer :lol: i will report back with my findings and pictures after my detail on friday afternoon

I was right in thinking this is complicated :lol:

:lol:

people say that as its a natural sponge its kind to the paintwork and doesnt let things get trapped into it like a mitt.

i have to say that im not sure y its not like any other natural sponge but il give it a test anyway :lol: all in the aid of helping fiesta's around the land :D

:lol:

people say that as its a natural sponge its kind to the paintwork and doesnt let things get trapped into it like a mitt.

i have to say that im not sure y its not like any other natural sponge but il give it a test anyway :lol: all in the aid of helping fiesta's around the land :D

Look forward to your results! It sure doesn't look like what I would consider a natural sponge.

Quick Q for the experts:

When applying wheel sealant, do you to the whole inside of your alloy wheels? Just wondering as I was doing it yesterday and it's a real pain to access the inner bits - do you just do the spokes?

ideally you want to do the whole of the wheel.

i took all of my wheels off when i sealed mine and i put about 4 coats on.

if u cant be bothered then u don't have to but it will help if you do when its new instead of trying to get lots of brake dust off

ideally you want to do the whole of the wheel.

i took all of my wheels off when i sealed mine and i put about 4 coats on.

if u cant be bothered then u don't have to but it will help if you do when its new instead of trying to get lots of brake dust off

Ah right, thanks greeny! Think I'll set aside this saturday and dedicate it to doing it all properly!

Ah right, thanks greeny! Think I'll set aside this saturday and dedicate it to doing it all properly!

One other thing, has any one else noticed the paint come off the locking wheel nut on the alloys? or is that just me?

Went out this morning and couldn't resist taking some beading shots. This is what two coats of Autoglym HD and one of Dodo Red Mist can produce...

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

Went out this morning and couldn't resist taking some beading shots. This is what two coats of Autoglym HD and one of Dodo Red Mist can produce...

Haha...that looks awesome :D

well i have detailed my car today, bit of a nightmare!!

started out early morning perfect weather, about 10 in the morning and the car starts to bake so had to give up until my driveway was partly covered in shade.

i didnt get many pictures to be honest but i will get some tomoz also going to give it another coat of blue velvet tomoz followed by some red mist on friday.

today it went.

pre wash

foam

wash

wheels

foam

wash

partly clayed

foam

wash

lime prime

wax

i have to say its looking bootiful :lol:

ok so i promised some pictures, i didnt get many during the detail as i was trying to do it fairly fast due to the hot weather.

the products i used

IMG_0017.jpg

as you can see the car was pretty dirty as iv been busy recently

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

the only 2 shots i got during the process was of the surfex HD on the car

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

and then this morning i got some shots of it all clean (well kind of as there are a few water marks from last night)

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

and some reflections

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

more wax will be put on tomoz

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club