Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!! They're awesome. Best bit of detailing kit I own, now :D

nooooooo!

Got a nice gap in the weather today to give the car a much needed clean.

Started off with using my new Karcher K2.100 which i found to be very good for the price! As of yet i have no snow foam attachment so using the suction thing on the pressure washer i covered the car in 3M car wash soap, was also first time using this product and it was really good, suds stayed on the paintwork very well. Letting this settle for a few mins i then blasted it off along with a lot of dirt. Then sprayed and worked some Bilberrys into the wheels. Using the 2BM i used a megs microfibre mitt to wash the bottom half of the car again with 3M car wash soap, then using a different mitt done the whole car. Blasted this off along with the Bilberrys and what a difference an hour has made :lol: I didn't get round to drying it but put an open hose to run off the roof and this took much of the lying water off. Some pictures of before and after, after shots aren't very good though.

Before

Yes3.jpg

Yes2.jpg

Yes.jpg

After

yes4.jpg

yes5.jpg

yes7.jpg

Yes6.jpg

Got a nice gap in the weather today to give the car a much needed clean.

Started off with using my new Karcher K2.100 which i found to be very good for the price! As of yet i have no snow foam attachment so using the suction thing on the pressure washer i covered the car in 3M car wash soap, was also first time using this product and it was really good, suds stayed on the paintwork very well. Letting this settle for a few mins i then blasted it off along with a lot of dirt. Then sprayed and worked some Bilberrys into the wheels. Using the 2BM i used a megs microfibre mitt to wash the bottom half of the car again with 3M car wash soap, then using a different mitt done the whole car. Blasted this off along with the Bilberrys and what a difference an hour has made :lol: I didn't get round to drying it but put an open hose to run off the roof and this took much of the lying water off. Some pictures of before and after, after shots aren't very good though.

Been to B&Q?? We got the K4.130 down to 85 quid from 200 :D Proper bargain!

Your car looks loads better now, without all of the salty crap all over it :)

Been to B&Q?? We got the K4.130 down to 85 quid from 200 :D Proper bargain!

Your car looks loads better now, without all of the salty crap all over it :)

Yup :lol:

£29.99 ... had got the Halfords own brand the day before for £32.99 ( i think) and it leaked everywhere.

I think the Foam lance and a decent pressure washer are on my "To buy" list now, as well as Autoglym HD wax :)

I recently bought a couple of bright orange buckets from B&Q as they were only £1 each. I was hoping they'd be the right size for my grit guard, which I picked up separately on eBay. Unfortunately (and I knew deep down this was going to happen) they were too small and the grit guard barely squeezed in!

I'm sure my solution is already a tried and tested one, but I'd not seen anything on these forums to confirm...but with just a pair of wire cutters from a handy tool kit given to me at Christmas, I was easily able to snip away the outer ring and trip the fins so that it sits almost perfectly in the base of the bucket where it's supposed to be!

It was a bit painful cutting up £10.95 worth of plastic...it's a lot of money for some plastic, but it's worked out well because I've already grown quite fond of my orange buckets that will show up the grit and dirt a lot clearer than a black one.

Anyway, these forums are for sharing, so there we go!

Also received my 2-pack sheepskin wash mitts today from www.sheepskinshop.co.uk which I really hope work out to be good ones.

All that's left is my i4detailing.co.uk order which should be arriving tomorrow. That'll contain the shampoo and wax and drying towel, etc.

I know I've not got everything yet, but it should be enough to get me going. What I really want is what ChrisZetecS wants...a foam lance and decent pressure washer. I really can't afford everything all at once though, so that's going on a wish list for the time being.

My Fiesta is so in need of a wash, the guilt is eating away at me! Just need a break in the weather and a bit of time.

I kinda wish you didnt post this, makes me want to splash out on one even more :P

Your car is finally a decent colour Alex! :P

Your mix can be a bit thicker I think - you want the foam to dwell for as long as possible, it looks like it's running off too easily...

I've just given the bank card a good thrashing, shelling out on detailing products!

Heres what I've just ordered:

I4D:

- snow foam Lance :D

- 5lts snow foam

- Megs APC

- Various brushes

- Fingermitt applicators

- Spray bottles etc

eBay:

- Karcher pressure washer

- Megs endurance high gloss tyre gel + applicator

- Bilberry wheel cleaner

- Poorboys wheel sealant

Can't wait for it all to arrive :D :D

I was debating on whether or not to get Autoglym HD wax but I think I'll leave that until the weather gets warmer :)

Oh, plus a genuine Moondust Silver touchup paint set, to get rid of the several stone chips on the front of my car :angry:

Oh, plus a genuine Moondust Silver touchup paint set, to get rid of the several stone chips on the front of my car :angry:

Where'd you get the touchup paint set from? Just noticed a stone chip on my front spoiler today :(

Having bought most of my detailing stuff from Elite Car Care (www.elitecarcare.co.uk) I would like to recommend them for anyone after some detailing products.

They have a large range of products at competitive prices & I have found the customer service to be excellent. Delivery is pretty quick using UPS & they even send you the tracking number.

Quick price comparison example:

Meg's APC 3.78 litre bottle, current I4D price £18.99 inc VAT, Elite price £14.30 inc VAT

There is also a 5% discount using the code DW (from detailing World) at checkout & delivery is free for orders over £60 ;)

Where'd you get the touchup paint set from? Just noticed a stone chip on my front spoiler today :(

eBay, just searched "moondust silver touch up paint" and looked for a genuine one :) it was £7.99 plus £1.50 p+p

Your car is finally a decent colour Alex! :P

Your mix can be a bit thicker I think - you want the foam to dwell for as long as possible, it looks like it's running off too easily...

Very funny, Dan :lol:

That was my first go with it. I did a second "coat" of foam after i had rinsed that one off, and that was much thicker and stayed on the car a lot longer :) I should have taken a photo really!

All my detailing stuff arrived today :D quite suprised really as I only ordered it all sunday night, and my I4D order and eBay orders come today, can't wait to use it all now :)

My car is absolutely caked in bugs, tar, grit, salt, mud, etc. I can only do a bucket wash but I want to know if some of these items I have found are good for giving a really powerful clean. I have found this citrus wash, this bug squash, and also this mitt.

I was thinking that I could wash the car using the citrus, then spray it over with the bug squash to really eat the crap away, then maybe wash it over with diluted bug squash, then clean it all down with another citrus wash. All using the above mitt. Would doing this be quite an easy way of removing months of built up crap?

Also I cant really do a proper wax atm, so I'll be continuing to use up whats left of a bottle of turtle-wax, then going over that with some turtle nano wax (I know turtle stuff aint that good but I can only really use this atm). Would it be a good idea to top this up with some red mist?? and what is best to apply red mist with?

Please help guys, thanks :)

Also I cant really do a proper wax atm, so I'll be continuing to use up whats left of a bottle of turtle-wax, then going over that with some turtle nano wax (I know turtle stuff aint that good but I can only really use this atm). Would it be a good idea to top this up with some red mist?? and what is best to apply red mist with?

Please help guys, thanks :)

Do you have better waxes than the Turtlewax available? Please say you do - synthetic/liquid waxes are a big waste of your hard effort. If it's down to the cold weather, warming the wax a little helps - I apply DoDo juice by finger tip and have done in the cold recently (uncomfortable, but effective still).

If it's down to no other wax available, I can understand, but I'd get a decent clean and clay on that bodywork the second you can get hold of some lovely carnauba based wax :)

Also, claying the car is a brilliant way of getting tar and bugs off, but you'll need to clean, dry, seal and wax afterwards.

100% no point claying the car until spring and some warmer weather.

all the salt and grit will end up in your paintwork.

100% no point claying the car until spring and some warmer weather.

all the salt and grit will end up in your paintwork.

Totally agree with you.

But if you're desperate for bugs and tar to be off now, it's still worth bearing in mind, unless you mess about with tar remover or WD40 (which also require thorough cleans after).

No point putting any wax on at all on top of fall-out and contaminants at this time of year :)

Jonny,

I don't no if you already have the Megs washmitt and just showing us what you were planning on using, or if you plan on buying one. if you already have one then don't read further :lol:

I find the washmitt very good at removing stubborn mud and is of very good quality holding the suds very well.

Compared to a cheap mitt i have for arches etc the quality of the Megs really shows up. You may like me think its a bit pricey but its well worth the tenner or so.

If you also want to save the good products for the summer give Megs tar and bug remover a go. Its what i used before i got hold of Tardis and does a good job although needs buffing off.

Not an expert at detailing so bare with me :lol::unsure: but I used my Karcher pressure washer and snow foam lance for the first time yesterday, and it was barely foaming at all, and the little foam that did come out of it just ran off the car within seconds.. any suggestions? I turned the button on the top of the lance as far "minus" as it would go, then slightly less so etc, and I diluted the mixture correctly.

how was the nozel at the end?

mines on around 3mm wide and fully to the minus side, i often put a little more of the snow foam solution in as i have no chrome that it could damage.

can you wash the dodo juice supernat drying towels?

Not an expert at detailing so bare with me :lol::unsure: but I used my Karcher pressure washer and snow foam lance for the first time yesterday, and it was barely foaming at all, and the little foam that did come out of it just ran off the car within seconds.. any suggestions? I turned the button on the top of the lance as far "minus" as it would go, then slightly less so etc, and I diluted the mixture correctly.

Did you use warm water to top up the solution??

I have the nozzle adjusted to half way between jet and spray and that seems to work fine for me...

@Welsh Ade

I wash my non dod juice drying towel on a gentle 40 degree wash and that works fine. I then just let it air dry...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club