Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Bit of a fail here, ordered some duplicates from CYC

Chemical Guys - New Look Trim Gel X2...only ordered one

- Bilberry Wheel Cleaner (1 litre) x2...only ordered one

sent an email to tell them this through their website, got no response during the whole week, they have now just sent me an email saying its all in teh post and they have debited the amount from my account not to happy about that as I realized the mistake on Sun night and sent the email late that night, so they have had 3 working days to review it.

So gonna have to base it on they have Zero customer service.

Not sure what to do, pay for poastage and tray and just get about £20 back, or try and sell it on, but then it doesnt seem really worth it.

lol, Im not sure yet, om gonna wait and see what actually arrives in case anything was done last minute, you want first refusal Gaz?

Hi

Well here is my list of new presents i bought for myself B)

Autoglym Super Resin Polish -(SRP)

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Autoglym HD Wax

Autoglym Synthetic Chamios

Meguiar's Super Thick -Microfibre Wash Mitt

Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml

Duragloss #951 Aquawax

I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"

I4D Yellow Foam Wax Pad Twin- Wax Application pads

Asda microfibre Cloths

If someone doesn't mind, can you tell me how to use this all. What to put on first before other products, ie, SRP before Aquawax or vice versa etc.

Also how often should I be putting on all of these products, weekly, monthly, quarterly....... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help

Hi

Well here is my list of new presents i bought for myself B)

Autoglym Super Resin Polish -(SRP)

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Autoglym HD Wax

Autoglym Synthetic Chamios

Meguiar's Super Thick -Microfibre Wash Mitt

Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml

Duragloss #951 Aquawax

I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"

I4D Yellow Foam Wax Pad Twin- Wax Application pads

Asda Microfibre Cloths

If someone doesn't mind, can you tell me how to use this all. What to put on first before other products, ie, SRP before Aquawax or vice versa etc.

Also how often should I be putting on all of these products, weekly, monthly, quarterly....... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help

Hi Mate,

The simple wash stage should be carried out as needed or through a routine. Once a week is perfect for this.

Get yourself 3 buckets. One for Wash, Rinse, Wheels. As with instructions on bottle add in correct amount of "Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml" to 2 of the buckets (Wash and Wheels). Now using "Meguiar's Super Thick -microfibre Wash Mitt" soak in the rinse bucket (this should be 1/4 full of fresh water) and then dunk into the wash bucket. This one dunk should cover a panel turning the wash mitt mid way through. Now rinse in the rinse bucket before again placing in the wash bucket. (This will keep all grit and dirt in the rinse bucket and away from the wash bucket). On completion dry the car with "I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"" or "Autoglym Synthetic Chamios".

Now you can use the "Autoglym Super Resin Polish -(SRP)". Every couple of months would be good for this. Put a small blob about the size of a 5p piece onto a "I4D Yellow Foam Wax Pad Twin- Wax Application pads" and rub in a forward and back motion on the panel. This blob should last a panel. Once fully worked in buff off with "Asda microfibre Cloths"(A better microfibre than this would be much better)Once the whole car has been completed follow the same process with "Autoglym HD Wax"taking a few rubs of the wax for each panel. Before buffing off however leave a good 10-20 minutes. In the winter months i would use "Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection"instead as it is more of a sealant and will give more protection against salt etc.

Whenever you see the need to touch up the finish you can use "Duragloss #951 Aquawax". A few squirts onto a panel and work in with a microfibre (Do this while the panels are wet, it will also dry the car). Then with another microfibre buff to a finish panel by panel.

Hope this is of use and makes sense :lol:

I really recommend getting a decent set of microfibre cloths however :)

Hi Mate,

The simple wash stage should be carried out as needed or through a routine. Once a week is perfect for this.

Get yourself 3 buckets. One for Wash, Rinse, Wheels. As with instructions on bottle add in correct amount of "Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml" to 2 of the buckets (Wash and Wheels). Now using "Meguiar's Super Thick -Microfibre Wash Mitt" soak in the rinse bucket (this should be 1/4 full of fresh water) and then dunk into the wash bucket. This one dunk should cover a panel turning the wash mitt mid way through. Now rinse in the rinse bucket before again placing in the wash bucket. (This will keep all grit and dirt in the rinse bucket and away from the wash bucket). On completion dry the car with "I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"" or "Autoglym Synthetic Chamios".

Now you can use the "Autoglym Super Resin Polish -(SRP)". Every couple of months would be good for this. Put a small blob about the size of a 5p piece onto a "I4D Yellow Foam Wax Pad Twin- Wax Application pads" and rub in a forward and back motion on the panel. This blob should last a panel. Once fully worked in buff off with "Asda Microfibre Cloths"(A better microfibre than this would be much better)Once the whole car has been completed follow the same process with "Autoglym HD Wax"taking a few rubs of the wax for each panel. Before buffing off however leave a good 10-20 minutes. In the winter months i would use "Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection"instead as it is more of a sealant and will give more protection against salt etc.

Whenever you see the need to touch up the finish you can use "Duragloss #951 Aquawax". A few squirts onto a panel and work in with a microfibre (Do this while the panels are wet, it will also dry the car). Then with another microfibre buff to a finish panel by panel.

Hope this is of use and makes sense :lol:

I really recommend getting a decent set of microfibre cloths however :)

Hi

Thankyou so so so much for such a detailed explanation. Thankyou for taking the time to assist me and hopefully others with

a great description.

If you find the above guide useful, please aknowledge Gazjs's efforts.

Thanks again mate. :D

This may be of additional use: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8406

A guide written by our other resident super mod :D

Hi Mate

Thank you for the above link. I have found it very very useful. I thought i had checked the forum thoroughly

before asking details, obviously i'm loosing my touch!!

Thanks again for your help and guidance.

Hi

Thankyou so so so much for such a detailed explanation. Thankyou for taking the time to assist me and hopefully others with

a great description.

If you find the above guide useful, please aknowledge Gazjs's efforts.

Thanks again mate. :D

No problem ;)

Hi Mate

Thank you for the above link. I have found it very very useful. I thought i had checked the forum thoroughly

before asking details, obviously i'm loosing my touch!!

Thanks again for your help and guidance.

As above, no problem B)

Just washed the wifes new car so thought i would show you, its just a Zetec but she likes it and isnt really into speed like me lol

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

Oh and did mine too

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

I want that golf

Haha well i am considering selling it, its just i cant find anything quick enough to replace it

The 1000p arrived today with some other bits and pieces, it looks pretty solid, almost chalky, is this the norm?

Bit of a fail here, ordered some duplicates from CYC

Chemical Guys - New Look Trim Gel X2...only ordered one

- Bilberry Wheel Cleaner (1 litre) x2...only ordered one

sent an email to tell them this through their website, got no response during the whole week, they have now just sent me an email saying its all in teh post and they have debited the amount from my account not to happy about that as I realized the mistake on Sun night and sent the email late that night, so they have had 3 working days to review it.

So gonna have to base it on they have Zero customer service.

Not sure what to do, pay for poastage and tray and just get about £20 back, or try and sell it on, but then it doesnt seem really worth it.

How did this turn out?

Got one extra on the Bilberry Cleaner, and one extra of the Trim Gel, which s !Removed! excellant by the way!

And an extra spray nozzel head lol....random....

The trim gel is indeed top drawer :P

At least with the extras you got you cant really go wrong with them. Apart from maybe the spray head minus the bottle :lol:

Hey guys,

Got a new fiesta recently (black) and I'm new to detailing. Been reading around the forums to learn, I think I've got the hang of it. The guides were quite helpful and I just have some questions, hope someone can help so I can do my first detail this weekend :D.

1. I've bought purple haze and blue velvet, how should I be applying them? Should I apply blue velvet with a foam applicator pad and purple haze by hand?

2. Apply Lime prime lite with a microfibre applicator?

3. How do you strip wax?

Sorry if these are stupid questions-detailing is really complex.

Hope you can help. Thanks!

Hey guys,

Got a new fiesta recently (black) and I'm new to detailing. Been reading around the forums to learn, I think I've got the hang of it. The guides were quite helpful and I just have some questions, hope someone can help so I can do my first detail this weekend :D.

1. I've bought purple haze and blue velvet, how should I be applying them? Should I apply blue velvet with a foam applicator pad and purple haze by hand?

2. Apply Lime prime lite with a microfibre applicator?

3. How do you strip wax?

Sorry if these are stupid questions-detailing is really complex.

Hope you can help. Thanks!

1. Purple haze being a soft wax I would apply by applicator, blue velvet can be applied by applicator or hand.

2. Yes

3. Wax will wear away itself over time, or you can use an APC to remove or if you dont have an APC you could be naughty and use fairy liquid :lol:

Thanks for the advice. Also, when applying wax, is it fine to top it up after 4 hours or so? Can't leave it in the garage overnight. But if I do leave it outside overnight, can I just lightly wash the car with born to be mild (assuming its wax friendly)?