Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

NXT Tech wax - ok, but I'd still get some Duragloss Aqua Wax.

Gold Glass shampoo - again, ok, but I'd get some Dodo Born to be Mild.

Gold class bug and tar remover - no idea, never used it, don't tend to use tar removers anyway - I prefer to clay. If I do, I use Tardis. Decent shampoo and snow foam will eat bugs for breakfast anyway.

Autoglym Fast Glass - not bad, but not as good as Megs glass cleaner.

Autoglym wheel cleaner - depends which one, the standard one (Clean Wheel) is acidic and would go in the bin if it were me. Custom Wheel cleaner is ok and non acidic, but Bilberry is better.

cheers dan i'll do some shopping tonight online for the products you suggest. I4D best place yea, where will i find the forum code, every little bit of discount helps B)

cheers dan i'll do some shopping tonight online for the products you suggest. I4D best place yea, where will i find the forum code, every little bit of discount helps B)

FOCX for 7.5% discount

cheers gaz, i'll get an order in tomorrow for some bits and bobs, think i'll get myself

wookies fist

dodo born to be mild

and fishish it off with the Duragloss Aqua Wax

;) as ive just forked out for the car cant quite afford the more expensive dodo purple

ok now going to buy snow foam and lance got my eye on the 1 litre 1 with white bottle but there seems to be £15 difference in 2 sites and the dilemma is that im of to brands hatch next Tuesday for a ford event and the dear 1 is there to buy or wait for other 1 in post but pay 6£ postage i no ok having a blonde moment and ph neutral foam is ok correct..

dan, what do you use to appy and wipe off the aqua wax??

ok now going to buy snow foam and lance got my eye on the 1 litre 1 with white bottle but there seems to be £15 difference in 2 sites and the dilemma is that im of to brands hatch next Tuesday for a ford event and the dear 1 is there to buy or wait for other 1 in post but pay 6£ postage i no ok having a blonde moment and ph neutral foam is ok correct..

Some are mildly alkaline - either are fine.

Ade - it comes with a spray bottle. Spray on, wipe off with a plush microfibre.

cheers dan, ive ordered some, next time ill try and get some of that purple dodo wax, how do you apply that lol

Purple Haze - I apply by hand. Lovely stuff. Dig your fingers in, and allow some to sit in the palm of your hand for a little while so that your palms warm it. Then smear it over the car, leave for 15 mins or so and buff off.

Just so you know - PH is a soft wax, so you won't get that much durability on its own even topped up with DG 901. You may want to consider purchasing Blue Velvet instead. That's hard, and is applied in the same way - but using a foam applicator rather than bare hands.

thanks again dan, yes i dont fancy applying it with my bare hands tbh, my wedding ring will leave a tidy mark!!

I'll try the other one

as dan has said over winter you could do with a hard wax or a wax type sealent or even both if you want to.

i have put 3 coats of BV on and 2 coats of FK1000P and my car is still going strong from 2 months ago and i expect it to be perfect come march aswell.

FK1000P is pretty damn good as its only £17 and gives you the durability over the winter. just a wash and top up with quick detailer will do the job.

Also please everyone get chemical guys watermelon air freshener its amaaaaaazing :lol:

Hi detailers!!

What is the best stuff for the black plastic bits of the Mk7 - such as the black bits of the wing mirrors?

I got some AG Wax on mine and I cannot seem to get it out and get it black again!

Also would same stuff work on black roof strips, front grill and rear diffuser panel etc?

Cheers

Kev

Hi detailers!!

What is the best stuff for the black plastic bits of the Mk7 - such as the black bits of the wing mirrors?

I got some AG Wax on mine and I cannot seem to get it out and get it black again!

Also would same stuff work on black roof strips, front grill and rear diffuser panel etc?

Cheers

Kev

Try some Ground Nut oil from the supermarket (it's used in cooking apparently :P) - apply it to the plastic with a brush and rub it to remove the white of the AG wax ;)

As for treating plastics to keep them looking new, there's a load of products you can use.

Cheers FMC

Will give the nut oil a go!

Wife might think Ive gone nuts myself - LMAO

Ta V much ! :D

No worries mate - i got that tip from a guy on detailing World :lol:

Im after some of the RainX next, is this stuff for the wiper reservoir on the car or is it stuff you wipe on the windscreen?

Im after some of the RainX next, is this stuff for the wiper reservoir on the car or is it stuff you wipe on the windscreen?

My advice - don't bother!

A regularly cleaned car with a windscreen wiped over with a standard glass cleaner will do much better than Rain-X when you eventually need to switch the wipers on cos it'll smear like crazy! :o

There was a long time when I only ever cleaned my windscreen with clean water and a microfibre cloth.

ok i'll save the cash on your recomendation and spend it on a good glass cleaner instead, what do you recomend instead of the autoglym i use now, is megs nxt glass any good?

ok i'll save the cash on your recomendation and spend it on a good glass cleaner instead, what do you recomend instead of the autoglym i use now, is megs nxt glass any good?

it's not bad, that's what i use, as well as occasionally using AG Fast Glass

i find that NXT can sometimes be tricky to get totally smear free, but maybe that's cos i'm sometimes too lazy and too chaotic to get a brand new clean mf cloth to clean with lol

The concentrated glass cleaner from Megs is much better than NXT and is much better value - it comes in gallon containers and dilutes 10:1.

big thumbs up for I4D from me too, just got a nice parcel, and sweets lol

big thumbs up for I4D from me too, just got a nice parcel, and sweets lol

'sweets' plural??? I only got one piece of bubbly :(

ahh i got two, one for me and one for the wife, she was most happy

ahh i got two, one for me and one for the wife, she was most happy

Booooo. I'm in the huff now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club