Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Plug it it, make sure you fit the connector securely over the tyre valve, and switch the compressor on (not sure if there is a little lever to flip up or over to 'lock' the compressor connector onto the valve? If so, lock it down when inflating).

When you've reached the desired pressure, flip the locking lever (if there is one) to release the connector and pull it off the valve as quickly as possible to avoid releasing too much pressure (you'll always get a little bit of pressure released but it's nothing to worry about)

If you want to lower the pressure/let air out, just press the centre of the tyre valve with your fingertip or something small (you obviously never used to let car tyres down or mates' BMX tyres for fun when you were a kid then if you needed to ask? :lol: )

Haha, no, I've never considered letting down car tyres to be fun. Isn't that like, vandalism? :P

I used to play in parks and !Removed! in the woods when I was a wee nipper. Wholesome, healthy activities; then computers appeared and stole my soul...

Evening all...A couple of questions, if I may:

I am toying with the idea of buying something specifically for the door jambs, boot, bonnet, fuel filler areas...you know the ones I mean. I was thinking of a spray type APC. Am I barking up the wrong tree or is this a sensible choice, and is it worth it?

Second of all, to save asking later, I'm getting (amongst other things :P ) some red mist for christmas. Could someone tell me how to use it please?

Many Thanks

red mist is a straight spray and buff off in one motion, very simple to use.

for all the shuts and engine i use bilt hamber but most people use megs apc.

in the summer i also wax or seal the shuts to help. for the engine i wud use a plastic trim sealant like dodo or sonus

Great! Thanks for the quick reply :D Until I get some APC, would it be ok to do the door shuts with some dodo BTBM and a detailing brush and MF at the same time as washing the rest of the car?

Yes - but use a mitt, not a brush. I have a specific mitt for these areas. Brushes are for areas where you can't get to with a mitt - nowhere else in my opinion. Brushes hold on to dirt.

APC ... can it be used for cleaning wax etc using the 2 bucket method, or only any good in foam lance?

I can only seem to find it in bulk also, is this the only way it can be purchased?

APC ... can it be used for cleaning wax etc using the 2 bucket method, or only any good in foam lance?

I can only seem to find it in bulk also, is this the only way it can be purchased?

Not sure i understand whether you are asking if it is safe to use so that it won't strip your wax, or if it will shift wax if intentionally desired? APC can be used to strip wax if used at a high enough concentration, but really it's meant to be diluted either 10:1 with water for general cleaning use or 4:1 to shift stronger stuff. Use it in a spray bottle and leave to dwell a few minutes, then agitate with a soft brush before rinsing off :) It's best used for the plastics such as inside the wheel arches, under the bonnet etc. I've also found it to be AWESOME at cleaning kitchen surfaces!! :lol:

Don't use APC in the foam lance - get either a dedicated snow foam, or Meguiar's Hyper Wash for use in the lance ;)

I've only seen it in bulk too. I bought a gallon of Meguiar's APC last week from Glossmax (went to their shop in Porthcawl, friendly and knowledgeable guys there, who'll do 10% discounts for detailing World members :)) - i think the gallon will last me a few years!!! :lol: But the great thing is, as the name suggests, it can be used on anything, as i've already found uses for it around the house B)

APC is fantastic in a foam lance - and an excellent way to strip wax. Normal snow foam won't strip wax - unless made up into an unpleasantly high concentration.

I have never used APC without a lance to strip wax, but if you have a high enough concentration I don't see why it wouldn't work. Megs hyperwash should be called Megs over-hypedwash if you ask me :lol: other shampoos run rings around it.

If you're snowfoaming with APC - you're going to need a fair amount anyway, it's not that expensive to buy in bulk.

APC is fantastic in a foam lance - and an excellent way to strip wax. Normal snow foam won't strip wax - unless made up into an unpleasantly high concentration.

I have never used APC without a lance to strip wax, but if you have a high enough concentration I don't see why it wouldn't work. Megs hyperwash should be called Megs over-hypedwash if you ask me :lol: other shampoos run rings around it.

If you're snowfoaming with APC - you're going to need a fair amount anyway, it's not that expensive to buy in bulk.

welll that's something new i've learned today! :blink:

:lol:

By spring it'll probably be gone anyway if it's been applied now...a good bucket wash will probably shift the last of it. I only use APC to strip back if I'm doing a major detail ahead of schedule and know that the wax layers are still very much in tact.

When cleaning my car the hardest part for me is washing the bugs and insects off, I dont like to scrub the paintwork too much because it might leave marks. What is the easiest way to clean the bugs off?

This problem is mainly on the back of the wing mirrors and on the front of the car but also up the bonnet and on the roof

When cleaning my car the hardest part for me is washing the bugs and insects off, I dont like to scrub the paintwork too much because it might leave marks. What is the easiest way to clean the bugs off?

This problem is mainly on the back of the wing mirrors and on the front of the car but also up the bonnet and on the roof

Three ways to solve this problem - one is a prewash, be it a snow foam or a citrus wash or a mix of both. Get this on the car, leave for 10/15 minutes then rinse off. It won't remove much in it self, but when you come to bucket wash everything will shift more easily.

2 - clay, really stubborn contamination can be removed with medium grade clay bar and plenty of lube.

3 - wax/sealant/final stage product. If the car has been well treated on the previous wash, everything will come off more easily this time around. I'm LOVING FK1000P at present - good value, amazing shine, amazing beading and the dirt falls off in the rain let alone after a snowfoam!

Three ways to solve this problem - one is a prewash, be it a snow foam or a citrus wash or a mix of both. Get this on the car, leave for 10/15 minutes then rinse off. It won't remove much in it self, but when you come to bucket wash everything will shift more easily.

2 - clay, really stubborn contamination can be removed with medium grade clay bar and plenty of lube.

3 - wax/sealant/final stage product. If the car has been well treated on the previous wash, everything will come off more easily this time around. I'm LOVING FK1000P at present - good value, amazing shine, amazing beading and the dirt falls off in the rain let alone after a snowfoam!

Sounds like some damn good advice there Dan, so thanks :)

I dont really have the option of completing a full detail at present so I will have to leave claying and waxing for a few months. I have no pressure washer so I reckon that removes the option of the snow foam (is that right?)

Currently at best all I can do is a bucket wash and hosepipe rinse, with some aqua wax to complete. Could I still use a citrus wash? if so which do you think is best or which would you recommend?

Also what would you recommend for actally washing the car with? Sentiment seems to be that sponges are bad, but what do you think is the best product / item (within a reasonable price range)?

Thanks for your help :)

For my contact washing i use 2 Meguiar's Synthetic microfibre wash mitts - a different one for the lower half and doorshuts to the rest of the car.

I've bought a new lambswool mitt for the Fiesta (from Glossmax) cos i fancied trying one out. It's a non-branded one but super soft and plush!

CYC are great - however, we get a 7.5% discount at i4D using the discount code FOCX

quick update for everyone that reads this thread.

Dodo are making their own online shop early next year, I have been speaking to dom at dodo about getting us a code for saving monies.

After getting an email this morning dom has confirmed that everything will be fine once it up and running and our code will give us between 10-15% off all products.

HAPPY XMAS EVERYONE!!!!! :)

quick update for everyone that reads this thread.

Dodo are making their own online shop early next year, I have been speaking to dom at dodo about getting us a code for saving monies.

After getting an email this morning dom has confirmed that everything will be fine once it up and running and our code will give us between 10-15% off all products.

HAPPY XMAS EVERYONE!!!!! :)

Excellent news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

merry xmas to you 'n' all greeny!!

nice one greeny, on a side note, no cleaning the car for me today, theres about an inch of ice on it!!!!!!!!!!

Don't bother trying to clean in the cold. I eventually managed to machine polish my father's scratched Focus, but the polishing compound (Dodo Lime Prime), kept freezing solid on the pad!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club