Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE Fiesta Detailing Thread

greenymk7

Dan, which wax would you recommend for vision?

All Dodo waxes work well on any colour, regardless of their colour charging. For example, I know Dan has used Purple Haze on his frozen white. If my memory serves me correctly, they just give an ever so slightly different finish, although Dan or greeny will probably know more than I do.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with a bit of hard candy :D

Has anyone used THIS with a foam lance etc, any good?

Should do the trick nicely, and at under 33quid, you can't really go wrong :)

I first started with CGs-Maxi Suds II, but now use Meguiar's Hyper Wash, cos I find it produces more foam.

1:10 with hot water :D

I've been using Megs Hyper Wash in the bucket for nearly 2 years and i like it lots, but not yet tried it in the lance. A few people have recommended it, for the same reasons as yourself, Tyrefryer, and they also said to use hot water to mix the solution for extra suds.

How do you rate the Hyper Wash foam for actually removing dirt?

:)

when is it to cold to wash car with snow foam to get salt grime of car.

I was reading some threads on DW last night where people said they were snow foaming and it was turning to ice on the roof lol

I suppose the answer to your question is, it's too cold to snow foam when the lance freezes up - as long as you can get the water and soap to flow you'll be ok, but the effectiveness of the soap will be reduced at lower temps, and it's very hard work washing a car when it's freezing cold lol

HTH :)

How do you rate the Hyper Wash foam for actually removing dirt?

I only foam my car for prewash. And in such a way it does its job.

If more cleaning is required, (really dirty one with no wax at all) I just add some APC.

ud only ever get a handless wash in the summer months and doing it every 2/3 days with a foam wash.

winter months you only want to me using it as lifting dirt off the surface ready for your shampoo wash.

if you have really stubborn dirty try using surfex HD amazing product

Been itching to do some car cleaning but the weather has stopped me in my tracks.

So today armed with my G101 i attacked the engine bay for some cleaning.

Here is the result, very happy with it since its the first time ive cleaned it :D

Photo078.jpg

What is G101? Also what cloths and other things did you use? Looks good.

What is G101? Also what cloths and other things did you use? Looks good.

G101 is an APC from Autosmart as Titanium said.

I just sprayed it on to the larger parts and worked in with a detailing brush and wiped off with a microfibre.

For the smaller i sprayed onto the microfibre and rubbed in.

Cotton buds also came in handy :D

I wasn't sure on what could and couldn't be detailed safely, and looking at the amount of wires that were there etc i just stuck to the plastic components, anything that couldn't easily be seen was really left, but i would really like to get these done aswell.

Any tips you can give Dan ? :D

Right, my snow foam lance from I4D has just arrived... First impressions are it is put together really well and it looks a quality bit of kit...

One slight issue is that I've just srewed on the karcher attachment that comes with it, but it won't go vertical. It is sat at an angle of around 15-20 degreees from the vertical. I was just wondering whether this is normal, or whether I've got a duff connector.

Thanks

P.S It has just started snowing :( so that means I can't use my snow foam... oh the irony :angry:

Right, my snow foam lance from I4D has just arrived... First impressions are it is put together really well and it looks a quality bit of kit...

One slight issue is that I've just srewed on the karcher attachment that comes with it, but it won't go vertical. It is sat at an angle of around 15-20 degreees from the vertical. I was just wondering whether this is normal, or whether I've got a duff connector.

Thanks

P.S It has just started snowing :( so that means I can't use my snow foam... oh the irony :angry:

Looking forward to see what you think of the I4D lance, considering buying one myself :)

Looking forward to see what you think of the I4D lance, considering buying one myself :)

I'll post some pics either later on today if it stops snowing or at the weekend :)

Thanks

mine was like that when i got it. i just used a rubber gomit and now when its tight the connection is vertical. :)

its because of the plumbing tape they put on the connection.

i just used a spanner to turn it stupidly tight

So, I've just come inside from snow foaming the car for the first time. It stop snow/raining so I dashed out to have a go.

First impressions are that it is a seriously good bit of kit. I just foamed it twice, couldn't be bothered with a 2BM wash and it has come up really well. Just perfect for removing all of the salt/road film, if it's too cold or if you can't be arsed to give it a proper wash.

Highly reccommended :D

Don't say that alex!! don't make me want to buy one!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club