Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Tyres To Lower Noise - Mk1 Focus?

That Guy

Wondering if anyone know the best tyres to get for lower noise in the car while driving? Also best supplier/fitter?

I have the standard ford zetec alloys on the car if that makes a difference?

That looks impressive but way to much work than I want to undertake :D

My Focus currently has 3 different brands of tyres on so want to replace all 4 with some half decent ones, maybe ones with a lower profile if thats possible?

Have a look at Asda tyres online. They have a large selection of tyres all with ratings for noise, braking and fuel consumption. If you want to buy put your post code in and they offer you a selection of fitting centres near you. If you don't want to buy from them it is a good source for looking at the performance of different tyres and then you can find a local supplier. I have used them and had no problems.

Try www.camskill.co.uk, you'll get cheapest tyres here then pay a local tyre shop to fit them (still works out cheaper than the likes of blackcircles/asda etc).

Personal I would always advise you get the best tyres you can afford, try googling 'tyre reviews 2015' - various websites put lots of tyres through there paces & rate them 1 - 10.

Have a look at Asda tyres online. They have a large selection of tyres all with ratings for noise, braking and fuel consumption. If you want to buy put your post code in and they offer you a selection of fitting centres near you. If you don't want to buy from them it is a good source for looking at the performance of different tyres and then you can find a local supplier. I have used them and had no problems.

Try www.camskill.co.uk, you'll get cheapest tyres here then pay a local tyre shop to fit them (still works out cheaper than the likes of blackcircles/asda etc).

Personal I would always advise you get the best tyres you can afford, try googling 'tyre reviews 2015' - various websites put lots of tyres through there paces & rate them 1 - 10.

ASDA for tyres? Who would of thought it!

Thanks for the suggestions will check them out :)

Now for a question that will make me seem like a right plum....

My tyres are 195 / 60 / 15 on the ASDA site they give me the following options 195 / 60 / 15 / H088 and 195 / 60 / 15 / V088 whats the difference? Is that the speed rating?

Also if I wanted slightly lower profile tyres is this possible with the standard alloys I have? If so what measurement would you suggest 195 / 45 / 15?

Thanks in advance!

The letter is the speed rating, the further down the alphabet the higher speed rate tyre has.

So if your stock tyre is say 'H' then you would be ok using a 'V' but not a 'T' for example. (Always go higher & not lower)

If you use a lower profile tyre than the standard tyre fitted by Ford it will affect the accuracy of your speedometer. If you really want low profile tyres you may be able to compensate by changing to 16" wheels but you need expert advice, its all to do with the overall diameter and circumference.

If you use a lower profile tyre than the standard tyre fitted by Ford it will affect the accuracy of your speedometer. If you really want low profile tyres you may be able to compensate by changing to 16" wheels but you need expert advice, its all to do with the overall diameter and circumference.

That didn't even occur to me! Think I will just settle for a nice new set of tyres all round.

Just need to find a decent brand now :)

I need a set of new rubber for the front, down to 3mm now so planning on changing them next month (before winter sets in).

I'm set on a pair of the new Michelin Crossclimate's, I honestly think tyres are down to personal preference but don't think you'll go far wrong with a set of branded tyres.

Try tyrereviews.Co.uk then price the once up you like the sound of.

I need a set of new rubber for the front, down to 3mm now so planning on changing them next month (before winter sets in).

I'm set on a pair of the new Michelin Crossclimate's, I honestly think tyres are down to personal preference but don't think you'll go far wrong with a set of branded tyres.

Try tyrereviews.Co.uk then price the once up you like the sound of.

After a quick read up and browse these seem to be the best mid range (top limit of what I can afford) tyres:

Screenshot_2015_08_23_00_01_28.png

Good Fuel Efficiency, performance and lower noise (db)

Anyone know of any reasons not to go with these?

good choice of tyre you wont go far wrong buying them quality make

paul

Few people I know run those tyres and swear by them, think you'll be ok with a set of those.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Looks like I have find my tyres!

In case anyone is interested you can also get £5 Cashback for ASDA Tyres through Quidco, not a huge amount but better than a poke in the eye!