Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Po171 And Po174 Fault Codes Cured.

V6 Lover

I had this problem with my 3.0 mondy which I've now had fixed at my local fords..anyone with a st 220 will recognize the breather pipes especially the crankcase pipe...with a 4 in split and only accessible once the UIM is removed, also proved a good time to replace the 52k mile motorcraft platinums with some ngk plattys as the spark plugs on the second or "rear bank" are only accessible with the UIM out of the way..the old sparkies look really clean with only a light grey dust mark on the electrode.. so I'm buzzing of that fact as this is a good indicator of the cars general health..I've seen some nasty looking pics of spark plugs..black oily..yellowish... burnt..even kind of melted too..

Needless to say the car is back up to scratch performance wise..I've got a nice even tickover,no drop off when pulling up and no throttle hang whatsoever.. plus my mpg is making a comeback from about 16mpg aroond toon back up to a mighty 22mpg..not that bad considering my old mk3 2.0 petrol estate only gave me 25mpg in toon..

This breather pipe has lasted 10 years and with the new sparkies should be good for another ten..I don't intend parting with this one..I've put to much money into it (receipts for over £4k of work and parts).

Anyhow fords charged me £286 for vacum pipes and labour as I bought the sparkies myself and saved £35.

anybody else had this work done?

All replies as usual much appreciated..

Will walk the dog.

then walk the mondeo.. so to speak

Mac.

post-49976-144009107635_thumb.jpg

post-49976-144009110989_thumb.jpg

post-49976-144009263066_thumb.jpg

Are these motors rare or something, tried finding out how many of these are about but have drawn a blank..I know there's somewhere that keeps a count on ford mondeos still on the road..will look again!!

There is a website that lists this info - I think it's called '' how many left '' or similar

I guess the ST220 must be getting rare as they've been out of production since 2007 - so the youngest are now 8 years old

• Like 1

4164 taxed & 261 sorned ST220''s left as at Q1 / 2015 according to the website :)

My Q2 / 2014 TXS 2.2 TDCi is even rarer - quite bizarrely :wacko:

4164 taxed & 261 sorned ST220''s left as at Q1 / 2015 according to the website :)

Thanks Mondeo txs 2.2..

So there are still quite a number of ST mondys on the roads..I've spotted a silver 220 by ours its a 06 reg...but it didn't have the upgraded rear lights?...and that is the only one I've seen of late,any ghia x I have spotted are tcdi...and only a few of them...I'm going to have a look at this site you mentioned fella, and its saying that the txs2.2 is rare.. Will post my findings shortly..thanks again fella.

• Like 1