Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost - First Service

Lawrie323

Hi,

Just wanting to establish what should be a reasonable first service cost for the ecoboost.

I've only done about 8000 miles in my fiesta but the reason i ask is because the first year service is looming and Peoples Ford quoted me £185 for an interim service. I felt this was pretty expensive but didn't know what to make of it as its my first ford and brand new car.

Does anyone have a view on this, found cheaper elsewhere etc?

Thanks in advance.

I was quoted about the same from a main dealer but smaller Ford garages were coming in at about £135-£140

In my experience there are no '' reasonable '' service costs from Fraud stealers :)

• Like 1

Very true - anywhere that services your car in accordance with Frauds schedule, using genuine Fraud parts, can stamp your service log & maintain your warranty - however I foresee potential warranty issues when Fraud dispute that said service has been done '' properly ''

If you have your car serviced by a Ford main dealer do they automatically check for for any software updates? I am thinking of my Powershift gearbox, I know there have been software updates for this in the past.

From experience some do & some don't & updates are generally chargeable

Having it serviced elsewhere and then wanting warranty work done, may find yourself bottom of the priority list then.

• Like 1

Ave being quoted the same to get mine serviced by macklin motors. Managed to get them down to £115 just say you'll buy their parts and take the service elsewhere . My work does parts but there not genuine parts however they are still OEM parts i.e Mahle stamped by Ford themselves . The stuff ford charge for parts is scandalise . Also you can get Castrol oil 5w-20 or 5w-30 from ford for £42-99 plus when eurocarparts sell it for £24.60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fraud stealers must be charging around £100 per hour labour rates :angry:

Don't forget that if the service is done by a Ford dealer then your Ford Assistance is renewed for another year.

For information. I got my company Mondeo serviced by local small Ford dealer, 1st service was £138.

I have my 1L ecoboost booked in for it's first service on Sept 3rd at the main dealer i bought it from. i was quoted £195 but said as i was trading it in a month later i was not going to get it done so they immediately dropped the price to £125. i am still having it done just incase the new car falls through and i want my warranty still valid on the fiesta.

£195!!! Thats taking the p###. max at ford dealer Should be £140-150. And less with a bit of haggling.

£195 is the going rate sadly . Am sure the service pack is around £600 when u purchase a new car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my three-year service pack, plus AA cover for £360 (£10 pm) from a dealer in Perth.

• Like 1

£132 from my local dealer. Given that includes euro breakdown, not bad value!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Updates not part of service.

When we get a job card in work we get an OASIS report which states any warranty repairs and updates carried out and outstanding.

From experience some do & some don't & updates are generally chargeable

if there are any updates to be done they are done under warranty

Oasis report will only show outstanding field service actions, not if any pcm or other module updates available unless part of fsa.

Will show previous warranty repairs.

• Like 1

Oasis report will only show outstanding field service actions, not if any pcm or other module updates available unless part of fsa.

Will show previous warranty repairs.

Sorry that's what I meant bud in regards to the PCM

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club