Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Tdci Mayo On Injectors

S40Un

Just in the middle of replacing the seals in my focus 1.6 tdci injectors as one has been on its way out the last few days.

Removed the injectors.

2 are covered in thick back oil as I expected.

The other 2 are silver still but covered in Mayo ?

Why should this happen ?

Thanks

Mayo is an indication of water mixing with oil / fuel

• Like 1

Could be headgasket failure as it's probably either coolant or water in the fuel - Change the fuel filter if not recently done

The only thing I could think of is the top seals leaking water in ( I've not got an engine cover ) so water may just sit on top & fall passed the seals ?

Possible I suppose, although I would have thought the hot engine would evaporate the water before it seeped past the seals ?

• Like 1

Me to. But cleaned them all up fitted new seals. Back to 70 mpg now no signs of head gasket failure & fuel filter is not long changed

Happy dayz ! :)

Keep an eye on the coolant levels

• Like 1

I'm curious, how easy did you find removing the injectors? I've googled it and I'm seeing stories of slide hammers an all sorts, I'm in need of replacing one of the seals on the inlet manifold and was wondering about changing the injector seals for good measure.

if they are seized in when replacing, one thing you can do is run the engine with the clamp loosened/off until the compression pressure of the engine pops the injector out, not sure if its the "best" way of doing it but it works

I'm curious, how easy did you find removing the injectors? I've googled it and I'm seeing stories of slide hammers an all sorts, I'm in need of replacing one of the seals on the inlet manifold and was wondering about changing the injector seals for good measure.

To be honest they were the Easyest injectors. I've ever had out

!

They should only get seized in when they are full of carbon from years of leaking.

Mine were just oily & Mayo

Only a slight carbon build up Around the copper washer seat on the injector itself.

Which worked on my favour , as the copper washers came out with the injectors

Rather than having to fish them out

The mayo probably helped them come out lol. I'm not sure why it happens but I've seen it on other cars (mainly 2.0 HDis) without any other problems, wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club