Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Filters etc

snoogans81

Hey,

I'm taking my test very soon, and have a 1.3 mk4 encore for when/if i pass. It seems the car hasnt really had much use for at least a good few months (save for my dad using it once or twice), and i also doubt many parts have ever been replaced on it.

So what im wondering is should i buy some cheap standardish air/oil/fuel filters when i pass just to have it running as well as i can?

I'm not really looking for expensive parts that will give extra hp, unless they are good value ha ha. Saw some Bosch stuff online, can i assume that is ok but basic?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm taking my test very soon, and have a 1.3 mk4 encore for when/if i pass. It seems the car hasnt really had much use for at least a good few months (save for my dad using it once or twice), and i also doubt many parts have ever been replaced on it.

So what im wondering is should i buy some cheap standardish air/oil/fuel filters when i pass just to have it running as well as i can?

I'm not really looking for expensive parts that will give extra hp, unless they are good value ha ha. Saw some Bosch stuff online, can i assume that is ok but basic?

Hiya there, if you want your car to run better without spending too much £££ id change the oil+oil filter + new spark plugs, they dont have to be anything special just standard stuff unless your running a turbo which i dont think you are so basic is fine. You could also spray carb/injector cleaner into the air intake which will clean ur injectors/carbs and so help it run better. As for the air filter if you stick either a K+N or Ripspeed filter on you'll notice the difference straight away, also if you use a K+N style air filter youll get a nice throaty noise when you press the gas pedal, i done this on my scorpio and im now much happier with it and it cost roughly around £70 all in if you buy from car parts suppliers, dont go to car suppliers that are based in retail parks etc as theyr overpriced and the staff i find not very helpful. Hope it helps.

Hiya there, if you want your car to run better without spending too much £££ id change the oil+oil filter + new spark plugs, they dont have to be anything special just standard stuff unless your running a turbo which i dont think you are so basic is fine. You could also spray carb/injector cleaner into the air intake which will clean ur injectors/carbs and so help it run better. As for the air filter if you stick either a K+N or Ripspeed filter on you'll notice the difference straight away, also if you use a K+N style air filter youll get a nice throaty noise when you press the gas pedal, i done this on my scorpio and im now much happier with it and it cost roughly around £70 all in if you buy from car parts suppliers, dont go to car suppliers that are based in retail parks etc as theyr overpriced and the staff i find not very helpful. Hope it helps.

That is very helpful, thank you very much. Are these jobs easy to do for a total car servicing novice. Im not an idiot, just never messed about with cars before.

Is there anything else you could recommend i do? Yeah extra power gains are really not going to be worth it i dont think on this particular car lol. I'm just after making it run as smoothly as possible, and as cheaply as i can really, as a garage service on a car that cost less than 500 might be excessive.

• 1 month later...

Arrgggh.

Now I just feel stupid. I have a new air/oil/fuel filter(s) to fit to my Encore . . . But even with the internet, and a servicing guide to hand, even the air filter is eluding me!

The one filter easily removable is the one beneath the passenger side of the windscreen, but the replacement on is a different size, being shorter in length, wider in breadth, and slightly thicker too.

Am I just being a complete tool, or is it somewhere else entirely?!

Please someone help if possible, it's doing my head in somewhat now.

Oh yeah, passed my test last week also! Just waiting for my insurance cover note then taxing the car!!

you could see if your local libary has a haynes book that you could follow.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club