Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Door Hinges Be Greased?

Phil 87

I noticed after my car had its first service that the door hinges and bonnet latch were not greased. Then yesterday when I had the car at my local Ford dealer I brought this up, and they said they would be happy to do it for me but it's not part of the service. He also mentioned the usual problem of the grease leaving marks everywhere.

Do these things need to be re-greased or are they designed so well on modern cars that there's no need?

I would periodically lubricate them in spite of what Fraud say

• Like 3

When my previous cars were serviced at an indy garage they greased all hinges and locks.

Did mine myself with a small amount of grease (so it didnt go everywhere), mainly because one of the doors was squeaking.

• Like 1

I noticed after my car had its first service that the door hinges and bonnet latch were not greased. Then yesterday when I had the car at my local Ford dealer I brought this up, and they said they would be happy to do it for me but it's not part of the service. He also mentioned the usual problem of the grease leaving marks everywhere.

Do these things need to be re-greased or are they designed so well on modern cars that there's no need?

They are right, not on 1st service, but is on the 2nd and 4th etc. Hinges yes , check strap no
  • Like 2

I do the boot and bonnet locks with silicon spree grease every 6 months, seems to work well and I do the Giulietta's door with it and then GummiPflege on all the rubber seals because they can creak over rough roads if I don't.

I've noticed the dash on the Fiesta creaks where the passenger side plastics meet the sides of the car, was thinking of putting some soft sticky velcro pieces in to stop any rubbing unless anyone knows a good product to use on the dash plastics that won't stain?

Thanks

• Like 1

They are right, not on 1st service, but is on the 2nd and 4th etc. Hinges yes , check strap no

In that case I might just leave it unless they start creaking.

• Like 1

We do them as part of the service it just saves any unnecessary problems

• Like 1

I don't see the harm in applying a little grease?!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club